Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Detailing (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f8/)
-   -   Waxing Fourteens (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f8/waxing-fourteens-56743.html)

doulos4JC 03-18-2013 06:37 PM

Waxing Fourteens

What wax to use on paint that has never seen wax?

hummer recovery team 03-18-2013 07:50 PM

I really like maguiars ultimate wax or Zano bros wax

Foleyz06 03-18-2013 09:05 PM

Re: Waxing Fourteens

Recommend you check out Adams Polishes/Waxes...and also Adams Forum...may not want to use their products, your call however they have a lot of instructional videos of how to detail a vehicle, etc..

My recommendation, first prep the paint, you need to at a minimum clay the car...then combination of watch and polish...you will not be disappointed...

Scott

bill_de 03-18-2013 09:26 PM

If you are just looking to keep a nice shine and make the car easy to wash, any of the major brands will do. I've been using Meguiar's Tech Wax 2.0

If you are trying to make your Jeep into a show car, you have a few more steps to go through.

doulos4JC 03-18-2013 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foleyz06 (Post 783147)
Recommend you check out Adams Polishes/Waxes...and also Adams Forum...may not want to use their products, your call however they have a lot of instructional videos of how to detail a vehicle, etc..

My recommendation, first prep the paint, you need to at a minimum clay the car...then combination of watch and polish...you will not be disappointed...

Scott

A lot of people say to clay a new car. Mine was still being built less than a month ago. How much smutz could be on the paint that fresh?

doulos4JC 03-18-2013 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_de (Post 783160)
If you are just looking to keep a nice shine and make the car easy to wash, any of the major brands will do. I've been using Meguiar's Tech Wax 2.0

If you are trying to make your Jeep into a show car, you have a few more steps to go through.

Not a show car, its a jeep! But still want to keep it looking new and fresh as long as possible.

joenjulie 03-25-2013 03:42 AM

Check out detailedimage...anything from $20-275 for wax. I personally have used Esoteric Signature Wax. Re-applied once during Ohio winter and the wife even said, wow it's still beading nice in February, just started to see it going from nice beads to more sheeting, but of all the things I've tried, I was impressed. It's a little pricey($125), but a little goes a long long way. Blackfire wet diamond is nice too...easy on/off good durability, and it's probably the slickest feel after its applied I've felt. I just put on Dodo Juice supernatural hybrid Saturday, it beads awesome, great reflection, not as slick as blackfire but still very glassy, verdict out on durability but I hear its good. Gonna strip it off in a month or so and do 22ple glass coating. Any new car, I never have dealer prep. They all need clay, IPA wipe down to remove any wax or oils etc, before applying your protection.

kennzz05 03-25-2013 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doulos4JC (Post 783167)
A lot of people say to clay a new car. Mine was still being built less than a month ago. How much [ SCHMUTZ ] could be on the paint that fresh?

fixed:)

doulos4JC 03-25-2013 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kennzz05 (Post 787642)
fixed:)

Lol...ty

bill_de 03-25-2013 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doulos4JC (Post 783189)
Not a show car, its a jeep! But still want to keep it looking new and fresh as long as possible.

For that, wax it spring and fall. Wash it often, by hand if possible, and get bird droppings off asap.

After you wipe it down, open the doors, hood, and tailgate. Use the damp towel and wipe off the the frames and any little dirt that may have accumulated in the engine compartment. Ten minutes tops and those areas will alway look fresh with very little work. You should never get to the point where you ever need to use engine cleaner.

VetteGuy 03-25-2013 09:16 AM

I have been using the Griots product for a few years. They can be a little pricy but I am quite pleased with the results. I buy the detailer and window cleaner in gallon jugs and put it in spray bottles. I have found that using a liquid detailer and a decent micro-fiber towel after each wash keeps the shine bright, and it helps keep the "schmutz"out of the finish. It only takes a few minutes but it is well worth it.

Scottina06 03-25-2013 10:20 AM

I personally recommend a good sealant like Meguiers #21 or the blackfire wet diamond......then topped with a really nice carnuaba...like P21S concours.

I DO NOT recomend a clay bar because you can induce marring and holograms if not used correctly....especially on new paint. If you wanna see some great how to's for clay and other detailing...see detailedimage.com They are a vendor here and have great how to's and daily specials.