Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f182/)
-   -   Dark khaki interior, which steering wheel? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f182/dark-khaki-interior-which-steering-wheel-56757.html)

Laredo2006 03-18-2013 10:39 PM

Dark khaki interior, which steering wheel?

Looking to get a replacement wheel cover from wheelskins.com for a dark khaki leather interior/steering wheel...which 2 tone color would look good? What would you get? Anyone have any advice on wheelskins covers? Thx Jeep exterior is all black. Interior is leather. Covering the steering wheel because it's turned to shit from rain and normal wear, some say they were defected to begin with.

BASSO'MATIC 03-24-2013 09:48 AM

Re: Dark khaki interior, which steering wheel?

I need to do the same. My steering wheel looks like crap!! And I refuse to buy a cheap looking cover that you see in car washes. Any info from someone that has used the wheelskins would be great.

LaredoX 01-16-2014 12:12 AM

Go to banditrim.com look at the steering wheels...you can get leather wrapped or chose inserts...they use OEM wheels and you turn in your old one as a core...I got a black wood insert wheel that looks amazing...the leather portion is soft and high quality compared to OEM and the wood portion looks awesome and doesn't have the silly chrome rings like the overlands

brentwoodkris 01-20-2014 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaredoX (Post 960477)
Go to banditrim.com look at the steering wheels...you can get leather wrapped or chose inserts...they use OEM wheels and you turn in your old one as a core...I got a black wood insert wheel that looks amazing...the leather portion is soft and high quality compared to OEM and the wood portion looks awesome and doesn't have the silly chrome rings like the overlands

Hmm that domain is flagged as a security risk here at work...I wonder if that company is still legit...

Also, what did the new wheel cost you from that dealer?

LaredoX 01-20-2014 12:37 PM

Sorry its bitrim.com :eek:. You will have to go through a manufacturer's rep like carid or I went through trimstop.com

brentwoodkris 01-20-2014 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaredoX (Post 962612)
Sorry its bitrim.com :eek:. You will have to go through a manufacturer's rep like carid or I went through trimstop.com

Well it looks like prices start at $250 and they don't stock my wheel so I'd actually have to send in my own wheel...which isn't going to happen in the middle of a MO winter. I'll bookmark this page for IF I ever can let the beast sit undriveable for 2 weeks (5-7 business day processing + shipping back/forth).