Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Engine Performance/Intakes/Exhausts (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f108/)
-   -   Hemifevertuning.com using Diablosport Trinity (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f108/hemifevertuning-com-using-diablosport-trinity-56884.html)

dizz1979 03-21-2013 08:37 AM

Hemifevertuning.com using Diablosport Trinity

Oh my god, is all I can say. I was fairly happy with my 87 tune I installed using my Diablosport Trinity, but then I found out about a company called hemifevertuning.com and how Sean Powell provides a custom tune utilizing your Trinity or Intune. He offers either an 89 or 93 tune.

I installed the 89 tune and it's night and day when comparing the stock Diable 87 performance tune to Hemifever's 89 tune. The most noticeable difference is that Sean actually reprograms the TCM. Now I have zero hesitation when stepping on the gas. He'll also have you send a data log so he can makes final tweeks to the tune to get the optimum performance out of it and yes, he adjusts for those that have bolt on's such as my Mopar CAI!

The great news, is that this only cost $125 if you want to download it to your Diablosport Tuner or if you don't have one, he is a Diablo Dealer and offers a discount with his tunes already installed. It's the best $125 I have spent!

kkreit01 03-21-2013 10:32 AM

Re: Hemifevertuning.com using Diablosport Trinity

I've only heard very positive reviews on his tunes. If you buy the Trinity form him, his custom tunes are free! I don't know why one would buy from anywhere else...I hope to get one for my Ram within a year.

dizz1979 03-21-2013 12:46 PM

I already had my Trinity that I used on my 05 5.7 GC, so it was money well spent. It is night and day compared to the canned tune you get from Diablo. Throttle response is greatly improved and shifts are snappy and quick. You can't beat his customer service either. It's a no-brainer.

DirtyDuc83 03-21-2013 01:50 PM

hmmm...very tempting and although this read like an ad, i've heard and seen nothing but good things. I may bite the bullet on this although i'm not satisfied with the shortcomings/bugs of the intune itself.

moosehead 03-21-2013 02:59 PM

+rep, thanks dizz. I've delayed doing a tuner to now, that's over. Really looking forward to getting rid of the ETC lag.

dizz1979 03-22-2013 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyDuc83 (Post 784989)
hmmm...very tempting and although this read like an ad, i've heard and seen nothing but good things. I may bite the bullet on this although i'm not satisfied with the shortcomings/bugs of the intune itself.

That's the biggest complement you can pay. All that is advertised on his website is the truth. I had the regular Diablo 87 performance tune installed and had it for about 3 months and I can tell you it is night and day with his tune. What's also great is that he wants you to send him the data log and he will tweak the tune specific to your vehicle.

trelos78 03-22-2013 09:42 AM

Same experience here with my local NYC tuner. The canned tunes are great but the custom tune is where the hemi really shines. No lag, snappy and quicker shifts and overall a great driving experience. A custom tune should be on everyones list of mandatory mods. I picked up 60bhp with custom tune, CAI ported 85mm TB and corsa catback.

DirtyDuc83 03-22-2013 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trelos78 (Post 785483)
Same experience here with my local NYC tuner. The canned tunes are great but the custom tune is where the hemi really shines. No lag, snappy and quicker shifts and overall a great driving experience. A custom tune should be on everyones list of mandatory mods. I picked up 60bhp with custom tune, CAI ported 85mm TB and corsa catback.

How do ya figure 60bhp? Dyno charts to back it up?

BuckeyeSRT 03-22-2013 01:54 PM

So I can buy an old Trinity load this tune and be good to go?

dizz1979 03-22-2013 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckeyeSRT (Post 785661)
So I can buy an old Trinity load this tune and be good to go?

As long as the trinity is not married to another vehicle yet you can. You tune the vehicle with one of the Diablo Tunes, either 87 or 93 octane and email Sean both the original factory tune and the diablo tune for your vehicle. He then sends back a tune via email and you download it to your trinity then to you jeep. It's not hard to do at all.

bigrboland 03-22-2013 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dizz1979 (Post 785696)
As long as the trinity is not married to another vehicle yet you can.

Can you explain this statement?

robpp 03-22-2013 07:01 PM

Trinity can only be mated to one VIN or vehicle. One it is unmarried it can be sold or used on another vehicle.