Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   '13 wk2 squeaking noise from radiator fan area (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/13-wk2-squeaking-noise-from-radiator-fan-area-56971.html)

apro284 03-22-2013 05:05 PM

'13 wk2 squeaking noise from radiator fan area

Hey guys,
Starting yesterday I started to hear a squeaking noise from the front radiator fan area. I am thinking it might be my radiator fan, because once my coolant temp hits 206F the sounds comes on and stays on as long as its above 206F up to 212F which is the highest i have seen it go up to. than once it drops down to 204F the noise goes away. So 204F and below no noise and 206F and above i hear the squeaking noise any thoughts?
Also the car is on park or stopped in traffic when I hear this noise.
Thank you for any inputs.

apro284 03-23-2013 01:47 PM

Came back from the dealership. They replaced my water pump. So far no noise. But will update if anything happens.

august77 04-21-2014 07:03 PM

Re: '13 wk2 squeaking noise from radiator fan area

Had the same sound coming from the radiator fan area.. And, after all checks done by the Jeep dealership, they confirmed that my water pump was causing the sound.

Now, I have to wait for the new water pump to come in.

onlyina 04-29-2014 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by august77 (Post 1010550)
Had the same sound coming from the radiator fan area.. And, after all checks done by the Jeep dealership, they confirmed that my water pump was causing the sound.

Now, I have to wait for the new water pump to come in.

Had this sound happen a couple times last week on my 2013 V6 Laredo at stop lights and at start up in parking lot.

What checks/tests did the dealer do to confirm it needed a new water pump? Were they able to replicate the chirp/squeal or just take your word?

Thanks!

august77 04-29-2014 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onlyina (Post 1014217)
Had this sound happen a couple times last week on my 2013 V6 Laredo at stop lights and at start up in parking lot.

What checks/tests did the dealer do to confirm it needed a new water pump? Were they able to replicate the chirp/squeal or just take your word?

Thanks!

The sound will usually happen when the engine is at normal operating temp.. They used their scope to determine the exact location of the sound and it was at the waterpump area.

onlyina 04-30-2014 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by august77 (Post 1014226)
The sound will usually happen when the engine is at normal operating temp.. They used their scope to determine the exact location of the sound and it was at the waterpump area.

Was the sound constant or intermittent? Thx

august77 04-30-2014 06:49 PM

When warming up.. It's intermittent. When the engine is at operating temp, the sound will be constant.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage

pinetar 05-16-2014 01:54 PM

Seems like my water pump may be starting to have issues too.

Can any of you guys who've had the problem take a look at a video I took of the sound I'm hearing and let me know if it compares?

http://v8.tinypic.com/player.swf?file=2lmrs4z&s=8

Ricko 09-09-2014 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinetar (Post 1023493)
Seems like my water pump may be starting to have issues too.

Can any of you guys who've had the problem take a look at a video I took of the sound I'm hearing and let me know if it compares?

http://v8.tinypic.com/player.swf?file=2lmrs4z&s=8

Yep that's the sound! I had it to. Took a video my self to show to the dealer. Brought it in showed the video (or had them listen) they new what was it was and was replaced that night!

pinetar 09-09-2014 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricko (Post 1084470)

Yep that's the sound! I had it to. Took a video my self to show to the dealer. Brought it in showed the video (or had them listen) they new what was it was and was replaced that night!

Did they just replace the water pump or anything else? How has it been since?

Thanks for your response.

pinetar 09-10-2014 10:35 AM

Took it in this morning to the dealer and got the usual annoyed response from the tech that helped me. They didn't even want to see the video I posted here, that clearly lets you hear it.

They said it's less of a mechanical problem and more of a noise problem and I hear mine once every blue moon, so I think I may just skip the "fix" once again instead of jeopardizing the rest of the mechanics that they take apart to replace the pump.

Also tried asking about a couple other problems/noises that need to be addressed and was told "let's just handle one problem at a time." Not what I like to hear.

It really blows that this is the way I keep going about it because of my lack of faith in the dealer service and their lack of consideration. It's by far the worst part of owning a Jeep.

Ricko 09-12-2014 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinetar (Post 1084836)
Took it in this morning to the dealer and got the usual annoyed response from the tech that helped me. They didn't even want to see the video I posted here, that clearly lets you hear it.

They said it's less of a mechanical problem and more of a noise problem and I hear mine once every blue moon, so I think I may just skip the "fix" once again instead of jeopardizing the rest of the mechanics that they take apart to replace the pump.

Also tried asking about a couple other problems/noises that need to be addressed and was told "let's just handle one problem at a time." Not what I like to hear.

It really blows that this is the way I keep going about it because of my lack of faith in the dealer service and their lack of consideration. It's by far the worst part of owning a Jeep.

I was sitting there explaining the noise to the service guy thats when the tech walked in to give him some paper work. Shortly after i showed the video to the tech he said its the water pump and the service guy just wrote on the invoice to replace it. If I were you I would just try another dealer. So far so good for mine but just like you said it's once in a blue moon so I cant confirm for long term only been about a week.