Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   Mod Fever (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/mod-fever-5701.html)

ray101381 01-18-2010 06:15 PM

Mod Fever

So i totalled my last car after hitting a deer and veering into a ditch, it was a 2007 STi, with 335 whp and 370 wtq, i had about 20K into it on top of the car itself, i got a healthy insurance check and bought a 2005 Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7L and swore i wouldn't mod it at all, the same thing i said about the STi. and now i have the fever again, i bought it back in late november and i've already gotten everything in my signature and today i ordered SRT8 roof rails, i still have to install the bilsteins, thermostat, oem body kit, sway bar, and endlinks. Last thing i want are some wheels after that i swear i'll really be done, no really i will. anyone else have the habit of modding every car they've ever owned?

Robert Palmer 01-18-2010 06:18 PM

Re: Mod Fever

The mod bug didnt bite me until I joined the forums back in 06 (had my blue WJ) it has been downhill ever since. LOL. Then I got the Overland and modded that and now the SRT8 and God knows what I am going to spend on it. LMAO

Matt 01-18-2010 06:21 PM

I've been able to tame the mod bug :D

I just tell myself that dumping money into a depreciating asset, knowing I won't get anything out of the mods when I go to sell, is just not worth it, lol. It's been working so far (for the most part). :p

ray101381 01-18-2010 06:27 PM

i blame it all on the forums, if i didn't get on this forum or the subaru forum(nasioc.com) i never would've started modding, i will say though that parts are much much cheaper and as soon as i get some wheels i'll be done, just keeping it really simple, intake, exhaust, predator, bilsteins, rear sway, endlinks, body kit, stillens, and srt8 rails. all said and done less than 3500 bucks, not too bad, i spent that on a set of wheels on my old car.

DJ BoNiOmArIo 01-18-2010 06:38 PM

haha that's what these forums do man ... I didn't know 90% of the things that could have been done to a jeep until I joined here and since then it's been nothing but drooling over other mods and building up the capitol to purchase them ...

I guess everyone has it and it's a much safer not cheaper hobby than other things that can get us in trouble so I look into it a little positive but like Matt said also it's depreciating asset lol ...

SPECIALED 01-18-2010 06:44 PM

I look at it this way, i enjoy it! I know there are worse things i could be spending my money on. Just as long as i keep making the mortgage payments i should be ok. The forums will definitely get you hooked, but like i said if you get enjoyment out of it..... What the hell. Besides, this is a cool group of guys. :)

Chaoul1 01-18-2010 07:26 PM

Modding is an Addiction. Since you got a 5.7 you can upgrade a lot with it! I have that habit but there's not much for modding a 4.0 except for stroking it. :D

08Hemi 01-18-2010 07:27 PM

HAHA you and I have done a lot of similar mods...I owend my Jeep for about 6 months then I began to look online and it was all over. I have spread my mods over the last 7 or so months and like you wheels are next! I have always enjoyed making my rides "unique" but jeepgarage has pushed me over the edge(slightly) HAHAHA

ray101381 01-18-2010 07:41 PM

yeah i just ordered mirror covers! haha, this really is the last visual mod. maybe, i might end up getting the srt8 rails painted. but i'll see what they look like on the car first. they might go ok with the black pillars. and hopefully i'll get to debadging soon.

GCL06 01-18-2010 07:44 PM

WK's my first vehicle. Thought "oh I'll just get the brushguard to man it up a bit and a hitch for towing for work" which soon turned into a full on money sink! Don't regret getting started though, had some of the best times yet in this thing that wouldn't have been possible with a stock rig.

Sunk 3 grand into it so far just in mods with another 2-3gs of insurance and gas put into it and I haven't even had my license a year yet and all the money comes from my job. Have a list of about $1500-$2000 left but it always grows.

Chaoul1 01-18-2010 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ray101381 (Post 134487)
yeah i just ordered mirror covers! haha, this really is the last visual mod. maybe, i might end up getting the srt8 rails painted. but i'll see what they look like on the car first. they might go ok with the black pillars. and hopefully i'll get to debadging soon.

Are the Mirror Covers being color matched with the paint?

ray101381 01-18-2010 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaoul1 (Post 134496)
Are the Mirror Covers being color matched with the paint?

wouldn't have it any other way