Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   Got My First Jeep! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/got-my-first-jeep-57070.html)

Mannas 03-24-2013 09:17 AM

Got My First Jeep!

I just got my first Jeep last week. I bought a 2010 Grand Cherokee Laredo with 77,800 miles. Hopefully I didn't make a bad decision or overpay. I always wanted a Grand Cherokee. The mileage is high for the year but it's in excellent condition. How long can I hope for it to last if I keep it serviced and keep up with it?

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps68ca0a90.jpg

macmac 03-25-2013 08:25 AM

Re: Got My First Jeep!

How much?

Mannas 03-25-2013 08:53 AM

It was $18,000 + tax, tag and title. The clean retail on NADA showed about 18,500 with the options it has.

Bikemobile 03-25-2013 09:12 AM

Laredo x? Leather?

Mannas 03-25-2013 09:49 AM

Straight Laredo. Cloth not leather. Sunroof and luggage rack. RES stereo with Satellite radio.

Anon155 03-25-2013 11:04 AM

Is it the 3.7 or 4.7?

I hate to say it, but IMO I think you overpaid by a couple thousand. Yes it's only 2-3 years old, but it's still the base model for that year. As long as you're happy with it, I wouldn't let the price get you down though. I've seen dealers try to sell them for a lot higher as well. Welcome to the forum!!! It's a great looking jeep, looks very clean and I love that shade of blue! Just watch your wallet on here, there's a lot of great idea's and options to spend any extra cash you have :D

Sigz 03-25-2013 04:25 PM

I bought an 08 3.7 with 32k two years ago for $19k.

Nice Jeep none the less.

stashgto 03-25-2013 06:05 PM

18 out the door it looks clean, and runs good I don't think that's bad at all good luck with your GC.

Ronsse610 03-25-2013 08:22 PM

Nice, Welcome to the familly! your gonna start moding sooner or later :P

Mannas 03-25-2013 09:25 PM

Thank you all. I appreciate the kind words and honesty.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anon155 (Post 787803)
Is it the 3.7 or 4.7?

I hate to say it, but IMO I think you overpaid by a couple thousand. Yes it's only 2-3 years old, but it's still the base model for that year. As long as you're happy with it, I wouldn't let the price get you down though. I've seen dealers try to sell them for a lot higher as well. Welcome to the forum!!! It's a great looking jeep, looks very clean and I love that shade of blue! Just watch your wallet on here, there's a lot of great idea's and options to spend any extra cash you have :D

It's a 3.7. Yeah, I had a feeling I might have overpaid a bit. I'm trying not to let it get to me. The salesman at the dealership was great. Not pushy at all and very personable. That's part of why I didn't push for much lower. I am very happy with it. Quite a bit of a change from my OLD Accord but in a very good way. I figured it was a business vehicle based on the mileage. Inside looks brand new. I thought the drivers seat might feel broken in a bit but not at all.

You are all right. Modding is definitely up next. I'm hoping it will last me a good long time.

Anon155 03-25-2013 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mannas (Post 788269)
Thank you all. I appreciate the kind words and honesty.

It's a 3.7. Yeah, I had a feeling I might have overpaid a bit. I'm trying not to let it get to me. The salesman at the dealership was great. Not pushy at all and very personable. That's part of why I didn't push for much lower. I am very happy with it. Quite a bit of a change from my OLD Accord but in a very good way. I figured it was a business vehicle based on the mileage. Inside looks brand new. I thought the drivers seat might feel broken in a bit but not at all.

You are all right. Modding is definitely up next. I'm hoping it will last me a good long time.

It's good to see a dealership not being pushy. I admire that a lot. That's the way I feel business should be done. At the same time, they are in the business of making money. So you have to expect to pay more than what you would in a private party situation. Like you, I'd bet they took it in on trade from a small business that just used it for a mileage vehicle (highway miles). You will definitely get good service out of it that's for sure! :D

tom58 03-26-2013 01:19 AM

if you keep up with maintenance, it will last for more than 10 years. enjoy !!