Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f182/)
-   -   Light Bar (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f182/light-bar-57103.html)

Burner 03-24-2013 05:42 PM

Light Bar

Hey guys,

I'm wondering if any of you guys know where I can get a light bar for my 08 GC? As I can't seem to locate one, or do they even make a light bar for our trucks?

Thanks for any help you can give

Anon155 03-24-2013 07:08 PM

Re: Light Bar

Do you mean for the roof or front bumper? Most people just use a roof basket to mount the lights on. Rola rack sells a pretty darn good one for the price. That's what I have with my 32" LED light bar and D2 LED spot lights on the back. It can be found for around 150 online. If you're wanting something for the front bumper, look at 4xguard.com. They have a product called the matrix that many of us use on here. It's a front bumper guard that has 2 light mounts on it. You can also custom make brackets that would attach to it as well. You may checkout Rocky Road Outfitters for something for the roof also, I can't remember if they sell a light bar for our body style or not. Good luck!

Burner 03-24-2013 08:37 PM

I was just wondering if they had one like they do for the TJ/JK windshield mount. If not can you point me in the right direction for a ruff rack that I can mount some LED lights too.

JMLoughrey 03-24-2013 09:10 PM

Let me google that for you

Theogriff15 03-24-2013 09:17 PM

Welcome to Lifetime LED Lights - guaranteed for life

Burner 03-24-2013 10:39 PM

Thanks for the replies guys, I would hate to see the shipping cost to Canada from that one in Australia. Not wanting a bumper with a light bar, but a roof rake as we could always use more space on trips. I tried to google but couldn't really find any. I think I was just searching the wrong words. Or am I needing a mounting bar first then my lights?

Burner 03-24-2013 10:41 PM

[QUOTE="Burner;787517"]Thanks for the replies guys, I would hate to see the shipping cost to Canada from that one in Australia. Not wanting a bumper with a light bar, but a roof rake as we could always use more space on trips. I tried to google but couldn't really find any. I think I was just searching the wrong words. Or is it a roof mounting bar that I would need? QUOTE]

Anon155 03-25-2013 10:54 AM

As long as your jeep has the factory cross bars installed, the rola rack would easily mount to them. It mounts by 4 screw on mounts. The rola rack is a 2 piece basket. So the size in the box should save you some on shipping costs. It's very sturdy and I have used many times on trips with a lot of gear up there. It's never once given me problems. The rack has room for lights on the front and rear bar. You would need to buy brackets to mount the lights on the bar though. PIAA and several other companies make good mounts that would fit it. If I remember right, the bottom bar on the rack is 1.5" diameter.

Burner 03-25-2013 04:33 PM

Yes I do have the factory cross bars. Thanks I will look into it. Thanks again

Ronsse610 03-26-2013 07:44 AM

the only light bar that comes to my mind is the one you would attach to the front bumper like the metal crossbar!

Burner 03-26-2013 09:15 PM

It to bad as I'm sure they could make one up like i had on my TJ that wrapped around and gave you 4-6 lights.

Jordan's Jeep 03-26-2013 09:26 PM

S4XC sells a light bar for the top where the cross rails are. It's kinda pricey though.