Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Suspension/Driveline/Brakes/Wheels/Tires (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f109/)
-   -   2012 GC won't keep Alignment (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f109/2012-gc-wont-keep-alignment-57173.html)

mw76011 03-25-2013 01:30 PM

2012 GC won't keep Alignment

within the first year (and 34k miles), my Grand Cherokee Overland Summit has required 2 alignments for pulling to the right. and now it needs a third. i had taken the vehicle to dealer for oil change, drove less than 0.5 miles to the highway, and immediately noticed the vehicle started pulling to right on a flat straight hiway with little crown -- whereas, it had no problem before oil change. i took it back to the dealer where it sat for the weekend waiting its turn. on monday morning, however, the dealership says they cannot detect any pull during their test drive. how is it possible for alignment to go out following oil change, then sit for 2 days and remedy itself?
on occasion when the car is parked and ignition off, i hear what seems to be an air pump running. on occasion when performing remote start, the car lurches forward a few inches. possibly related to QL functions?
thanks in advance for any feedback.

wjs81866 03-25-2013 01:39 PM

Re: 2012 GC won't keep Alignment

I think you have some problems, could be defective components in the steering. It shouldn't move at all as a result of a remote start. I have 2 of these and they don't do anything like that. Must be a mechanical issue, I haven't heard of these problems with a Grand Cherokee 2011 or 2012.

webspoke 03-26-2013 10:16 AM

The air pump sound could be the quadralift if you have it. It levels the car a few seconds after shutoff. The lurch on remote start is a common issue, it has to do with the transmission/transfer case programming. I think there is a TSB about it, but is supposed to be normal behaviour. My 2011 did it after a reflash for PCM updates.

Ratchet 03-26-2013 12:33 PM

There is also the posibility that the alignment tech didn't take the necessary steps to disable QL before performing the alignment.

mw76011 03-27-2013 09:15 AM

thanks to you all for the replies. will follow up on these.

tom0006 04-10-2013 01:43 PM

My Jeep has alignment issues also, turned out it was the some bushings in the suspension where not installed properly and had been damaged.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mw76011 (Post 787927)
within the first year (and 34k miles), my Grand Cherokee Overland Summit has required 2 alignments for pulling to the right. and now it needs a third. i had taken the vehicle to dealer for oil change, drove less than 0.5 miles to the highway, and immediately noticed the vehicle started pulling to right on a flat straight hiway with little crown -- whereas, it had no problem before oil change. i took it back to the dealer where it sat for the weekend waiting its turn. on monday morning, however, the dealership says they cannot detect any pull during their test drive. how is it possible for alignment to go out following oil change, then sit for 2 days and remedy itself?
on occasion when the car is parked and ignition off, i hear what seems to be an air pump running. on occasion when performing remote start, the car tire lurches forward a few inches. possibly related to QL functions?
thanks in advance for any feedback.