Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   2014 V6 fuel !! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/2014-v6-fuel-57260.html)

TheHeartBreaker 03-26-2013 08:17 PM

2014 V6 fuel !!
 
Hello all
I have a question which is better to put in the car E85 (Ethanol) OR unleaded regular 87? I am living in Colorado :).

SnoFire 03-26-2013 08:20 PM

Re: 2014 V6 fule !!
 
Regular 87 is going to get you better MPG.

Your 2nd question, I don't really understand what you mean.

TheHeartBreaker 03-26-2013 08:34 PM

Re: 2014 V6 fule !!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoFire (Post 789172)
Regular 87 is going to get you better MPG.

Your 2nd question, I don't really understand what you mean.

Thanks, don't worry about the second question see this

Compare Side-by-Side


http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/ethanol.shtml

:thumbsup:

bill_de 03-27-2013 05:56 AM

Re: 2014 V6 fule !!
 
The 85 octane is not necessarily E85. If it was, the pump should indicate it.

Your area may have 85 Octane based on your altitude. At high altitudes, due to thinner air, engines can run on lower octane. The thinner air actually lowers the compression ... the determining factor for octane requirements.



.

scooterha 03-27-2013 06:18 AM

Re: 2014 V6 fule !!
 
What's fule?

bill_de 03-27-2013 06:33 AM

Re: 2014 V6 fule !!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by scooterha (Post 789436)
What's fule?


It's Fuel ... Fool! :lol:

scooterha 03-27-2013 07:00 AM

Re: 2014 V6 fule !!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_de (Post 789442)
It's Fuel ... Fool! :lol:


hahaha I was being sarcastic fool! :lol::slapfight:

bill_de 03-27-2013 07:11 AM

Re: 2014 V6 fule !!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by scooterha (Post 789450)
hahaha I was being sarcastic fool! :lol::slapfight:

If I hadn't thought that, I would have left off the ... :lol:



.:lol:.

scooterha 03-27-2013 07:18 AM

Re: 2014 V6 fule !!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_de (Post 789452)
If I hadn't thought that, I would have left off the ... :lol:



.:lol:.


Oh.. well... in that case. I'm never sarcastic. I'm always sweet as a fresh picked pear! :D

jacko15 03-27-2013 10:36 AM

Re: 2014 V6 fule !!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by scooterha (Post 789436)
What's fule?

I can't believe it took almost a day for this comment! :lol:

eibyer 03-27-2013 12:34 PM

Re: 2014 V6 fule !!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jacko15 (Post 789563)
I can't believe it took almost a day for this comment! :lol:

I clicked on the thread to check what it was :)

TheHeartBreaker 03-27-2013 01:25 PM

Re: 2014 V6 fule !!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_de (Post 789426)
The 85 octane is not necessarily E85. If it was, the pump should indicate it.

Your area may have 85 Octane based on your altitude. At high altitudes, due to thinner air, engines can run on lower octane. The thinner air actually lowers the compression ... the determining factor for octane requirements.



.

so do you recommend using 85 instated of 87 in Colorado for example? :confused:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:00 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community