Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Troubleshooting/Problems (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f181/)
-   -   Mopar Maximum Care Vehicle Service Plan - Worth It? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f181/mopar-maximum-care-vehicle-service-plan-worth-it-57266.html)

Mannas 03-26-2013 09:23 PM

Mopar Maximum Care Vehicle Service Plan - Worth It?

So, I just bought a 2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee with 78,000 miles. I am looking into an extended warranty and trying to decide what to do. I plan on keeping the car for hopefully quite a few years. I have been quoted prices through the dealer and then directly through Mopar. I am leaning more toward the Mopar extended warranty since I can pay on them monthly with no interest. They are a few hundred dollars more than the dealer but I would not have to shell it all out immediately out of pocket. That's the hard part. With it having higher mileage I am just concerned about issues coming up as it keeps going up.

I know there are cheaper warranties through ChryslerWarrantys.com and another site that I found on here. Given the mileage on the car already I was thinking it would probably be smart to do the Max Care for 5 years which would cover me until just 140,0000. Based on the mileage the price would be 3,800 and would let me put 10% down and then pay monthly interest free. Which level would you recommend? I am leaning more toward the Max Care based on peace of mind and $100 deductible each time. Either that or the Added Care Plus. I am ok with paying a bit more for peace of mind but don't want to waste money.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

SvenskaJeepGuy 03-26-2013 10:00 PM

Re: Mopar Maximum Care Vehicle Service Plan - Worth It?

i just wanna throw this out there...... i have more miles than that on mine and would never have needed the warranty, would have been a waste of money. just follow the maintainence schedule and you should be fine. i know there are tons of other members on here like me and there are a few that have had warranty problems. most of the people with problems are the ones who didnt maintain their vehicle correctly.

dr.lee.baugh 03-27-2013 09:30 AM

Re: Mopar Maximum Care Vehicle Service Plan - Worth It?

Personally, I would risk it without the warranty if you know the vehicle has a good service history ( I have 150,000+ miles on mine, and wouldn't have benefited from having an extended warranty).

$3,800 will cover a lot of repairs to the vehicle - I would put that 10% down and monthly payments aside for needed repairs if they ever come up.

Just my opinion - a lot of people will say the warranty is worth it, and for the peace of mind it might be for them. I just can't stand knowing that, statistically speaking, it's a losing bet - which is why they offer it.