Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   joining tread lightly to get Chrysler Affiliate discount (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/joining-tread-lightly-to-get-chrysler-affiliate-discount-57289.html)

ONU1974 03-27-2013 10:44 AM

joining tread lightly to get Chrysler Affiliate discount

Has anyone gone the route of joining Tread Lightly lately to get the -1% discount plus $75 fee? I don't want to shell out $100 and NOT get the discount. It is my understanding that you join at the $100 level and the following Friday, they send out the membership packet with a code that you enter into the Affiliate website(after 30 days of membership) that gets you a form you take to the dealer to get the discount. You have to make sure the dealer participates and that the model you want is covered(and most are)..mine would be a 2014 Summit. Is all this correct?

mka18 03-27-2013 10:51 AM

Re: joining tread lightly to get Chrysler Affiliate discount

It is correct, but if you don't want to dish out the money just ask the dealer for that price first. 1% under isn't that big of a deal for them to match, they are still making good money on the sale. Worth a shot anyway and might save you 100 bucks. But the program is for a good cause, so it might be worth signing up anyway.;-)

Jamesla30 03-27-2013 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ONU1974 (Post 789571)
Has anyone gone the route of joining Tread Lightly lately to get the -1% discount plus $75 fee? I don't want to shell out $100 and NOT get the discount. It is my understanding that you join at the $100 level and the following Friday, they send out the membership packet with a code that you enter into the Affiliate website(after 30 days of membership) that gets you a form you take to the dealer to get the discount. You have to make sure the dealer participates and that the model you want is covered(and most are)..mine would be a 2014 Summit. Is all this correct?

A zillion members have done it. Super simple. And most dealers who are offering great prices are requiring it. Do it without hesitation.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

SnoFire 03-27-2013 11:34 AM

Talk with a dealer to see what you can get without it. It's that easy the. To find out if you need it or not. Not that difficult.

WVSpelunker 03-27-2013 01:42 PM

Are you ordering or hoping to pick one off the lot? Sounds like a strange question, but when I was planning on ordering, I could easily negotiate 3-4% off invoice and with master skills like Sno, he could do better. However, when I tried to negotiate some of the Jeeps that had hit the lots, I could not get anyone to budge under invoice. Some were even acting like they were doing me a favor by going to invoice PLUS 1%. Even asked one if he would do 4% below if I ordered instead and he said they could probably pull it off, but definitely would do -3%. Knowing this, I bit the bullet and did the Tread Lightly. Signed up on a Thursday night, received everything Monday, and had the number to dealer by Tuesday. Very easy process that got me into one of the first Jeeps in town!

f1anatic 03-27-2013 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ONU1974 (Post 789571)

You know...this Tread Lightly Discount is not all that it is made out to be. You are much better off negotiating yourself.

On a 40,000 dollar car 1% is 400 dollars.
400 dollars - 100 dollar membership - 75 dollars fee = 225$ discount. Really ? Not quite worth it the effort. :slapfight: yeah you'd be getting a 325 $ discount on your Summit unlike the rest of us, cheap and poor who are not buying the top of the line.

JRNYC 03-27-2013 06:54 PM

tread lightly is 1% under invoice not 1% off total price of vehicle ;) . Thats 4000-5000 savings over msrp.

f1anatic 03-27-2013 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRNYC (Post 790008)
tread lightly is 1% under invoice not 1% off total price of vehicle ;) . That's 4000-5000 savings over msrp.

I know. But I negotiated 4% under invoice, without membership fees and added fees. And my invoice was more than 40,000 - and it is still a Limited. MSRP was God knows...47-48,000 ? I would NEVER EVER pay anything but invoice or lower. When I wrote my reply above I did not even consider MSRP. On this site I did my homework, I learned the ropes, I talked to other people and came up with the Chicago Metro Group Buy (see that thread and the Hawk CDJ Dealer Sub-Forum).

denis4x4 03-27-2013 09:35 PM

As a charter member of TL! and forner board member representing user groups, you should join on general principles to promote responsible off highway travel. The discount is a bonus.

mpatel1080 03-27-2013 09:40 PM

You can also join an organization called the Access Fund to get the Chrysler Affiliate code. Their membership is only $35.

soundonwheels 03-27-2013 09:40 PM

One thing I don't understand about the TL discount. Does it remove the destination fee and any other fees like a dealership fee? Or are those things outstanding to negotiate?

jgc4ever 03-27-2013 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soundonwheels (Post 790169)
One thing I don't understand about the TL discount. Does it remove the destination fee and any other fees like a dealership fee? Or are those things outstanding to negotiate?

It does not remove the destination fee. It requires a $75 fee to be paid to the dealer. The total amount will all be included in the paperwork the dealer has that shows MSRP, Invoice, Affiliate price, and Employee price. The dealer is not allowed to charge any additional doc fee, not even $1.