Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Jeep tore apart at dealer due to pano roof (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/jeep-tore-apart-at-dealer-due-to-pano-roof-57331.html)

gc4x4 03-27-2013 08:24 PM

Jeep tore apart at dealer due to pano roof

I dropped my jeep off last friday for them to check out a bad rattle in the panoramic sunroof and a vibration in the front end. They got me a nice dodge ram v8 rental which i had for about a week now. I called them today and they said they had to gut the entire interior and ordered a new sunroof assy and headliner and a couple parts for the front end. The service manager doesn't know when they'll get done with my jeep since they had to gut the interior, seats and all.:eek: He told me to keep the rental until they can get my jeep fixed. I'm glad they're finally fixing the problem, but i probably wont ever get another jeep with the pano sunroof. Im thankful that this dealer has taken good care of me even though i didn't buy my jeep there and even though i have to drive over 60 miles, its worth it to get quality service. Hopfully ill have my jeep back soon, im starting to like this dodge ram..lol.:lol:

PMD G8 03-27-2013 08:28 PM

Re: Jeep tore apart at dealer due to pano roof

Holy crap. Yeah i would have preferred to have not gotten the pano roof but the dang thing is standard on the Overland and Summit. Booo.

Scottina06 03-27-2013 08:42 PM

theres a simple fix here for the pano rattle.....did you try that?

ChrisUCF99 03-27-2013 08:45 PM

I had my 2012 overland's sunroof replaced due to a rattle. Took them two days.

omar0022 03-27-2013 10:44 PM

They had my jeep for 3 days for the replacement of the pano sunroof. They did have it in pieces.

Yadkin 03-27-2013 11:16 PM

The seats don't have anything to do with the roof. There's a factory procedure on this issue, and its supposed to take less than four hours.

scooterha 03-28-2013 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yadkin (Post 790246)
The seats don't have anything to do with the roof. There's a factory procedure on this issue, and its supposed to take less than four hours.

didn't you know that......... seats are connected to the sunroof?

peckmv 03-28-2013 05:34 AM

They replaced mine and had my Jeep for three weeks. I then had to take it back because they didn't hook everything up right and parts were missing. I raised hell and the service manager agreed with me being upset. They corrected the problem and assured me that the tech that did the job would not be working on my Jeep again. The good thing is the rattle is gone. I am not a fan of sunroofs and would not have picked it other than it was standard on the Overland.;)

z3grape 03-28-2013 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 790126)
theres a simple fix here for the pano rattle.....did you try that?

where is the simple fix?

z3grape 03-28-2013 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by z3grape (Post 790360)
where is the simple fix?

nevermind -- found the sticky

gwnewman1 03-28-2013 08:10 AM

I had a rattle in the headliner in my '12...the dealer had it fixed once, then it came back. Second time around, they replaced the headliner and who knows whatever else. Had it for about two weeks. Good news, rattle was gone and headliner didn't even budge, which it had before. Bad news, when they slid it in, it shaved a wire in the overhead, which then grounded on the chassis. Did all kinds of funky sh*t to the lights inside. They had that fixed quick though.

Yadkin 03-28-2013 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scooterha (Post 790312)
didn't you know that......... seats are connected to the sunroof?

I guess everything is connected when you really get down to it. :o