Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

2014 Jeep Cherokee debuts with controversial design, automatic parking

3K views 14 replies 14 participants last post by  f1anatic 
#1 ·
#4 ·
There is a section of the forums for the Cherokee...Plus there already has been a thread on this already in here.....Next

#7 ·
It looks like a good vehicle overall, besides the look of the front end. If they put a front end similar the the Grand Cherokee on it they would have been golden. I am not sure how this vehicle will do...the compact CUV segment is extremely competitive and most buyers in that segment do not care about off road capability/heritage. I think this car may undergo a "emergency refresh" just as the honda civic recently did.

#8 ·
I think this car may undergo a "emergency refresh" just as the honda civic recently did.
I am not sure. I think a few of the Jeep / Chrysler designers have their heads stuck in the sand. But that is just the impression I am getting.

I think they nailed it from an interior and technology standpoint. But the exterior -- the headlights and DRLs, the rear hatch, etc. -- are a styling disaster.

The repeated comparisons to the Aztek should be hints that they need to address the styling immediately.

#11 ·
x2, I dont think they are like way off.

I think if they changed the headlights (would require change to fenders) so that the DRLs and the main lights were one upright retangular that curved over the hood at an angle like the slats it would work. If that makes any sense.

[ ] | | | | | | [ ]

o o

For the tailgate, just move the license plate up onto the tailgate, instead of on the bumper.

I think the interior is fine.

#10 ·
saw a couple today on the road when heading out of toledo...wow is it one ugly vehicle. I can't imagine what they were thinking when approving the design. wow.

#15 ·
The interior and some of the technologies it has like the self park and the other sensors is something that the 2014 Grand Cherokee crowd doesn't get even in the Summit trim

I find the car overall attractive BUT the 3 light design is bad. If they get rid of the middle lights, or the bumper ones become simply DRLs, it *MIGHT* work. I would also have made the top lights a bit wider and moved everything (low/high beams) there. It's ugly and there's no way around it.

Going back to technology and interior, the interior is as nice or nicer than the 2014 GC.

The All-New Cherokee has over 70 available Safety & Security features including: new ParkSense<sup>®</sup> Parallel and Perpendicular and front / rear Park Assist<sup class="tooltip" title="">+</sup>, Blind Spot Monitoring<sup class="tooltip" title="">+</sup> (BSM) and Cross Path Detection<sup class="tooltip" title="Always check visually for vehicles prior to changing lanes.">+</sup> with dual radar sensors to monitor driver blind spots, standard 10 airbags<sup class="tooltip" title="Always sit properly in designated seating positions with seat belts securely fastened at all times.">+</sup> with standard full-length side-curtain & side thorax airbags<sup class="tooltip" title="Always sit properly in designated seating positions with seat belts securely fastened at all times.">+</sup>, new LaneSense™ Lane Departure Warning<sup class="tooltip" title="">+</sup>, and new Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop and Go<sup class="tooltip" title="">+</sup>.
I red we do not get that on the 2014 JGCs. Summit gets the front Park assist, the rest of the trims gets Rear park assist only. I will personally look into hacking/adding front park assist on my rig.

I am sure it will sell well to mostly 30s to 40s soccer moms.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.