Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Those who have a 2014, any problems? or problem free? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/those-who-have-a-2014-any-problems-or-problem-free-57375.html)

jgc4ever 03-28-2013 06:54 PM

Those who have a 2014, any problems? or problem free?

Do you or do you not have problems with it? And if your's has problems, what's wrong? Does anyone have one that is completely problem free?

Roki303 03-28-2013 07:20 PM

Re: Those who have a 2014, any problems? or problem free?

There is a lot of UConnect issues from what I have read. Hopefully they will fix those before I will take delivery.

doulos4JC 03-28-2013 07:30 PM

Has two small flaws in paint(like small grains of sand under clearcoat. That's all.

655321 03-28-2013 07:31 PM

Problem free here on uconnect - had my share of issues though but all have been fixed by dealer

AbleRiot 03-28-2013 07:31 PM

Browse over the threads as some folks who have taken delivery have listed their issue/s regarding the MY14. Common issues, as Roki stated, deals with the 8.4 UConnect radios.

BobsWK2 03-28-2013 08:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I've had my 14 Summit for over a week now.

The liftgate was not aligned correctly at the factory. Was way to tight on left side. So much for their laser equipment checking gaps. Steering wheel was off center. As above mentioned, a few small specks of what looks like dirt in the paint. Center console had poor fit to the right of shifter.

And to think mine was pulled after assembly for a 29 mile "Quality Assurance Test". See attached photo. What a joke.

Mike11563 03-28-2013 08:16 PM

Problem free here

PMD G8 03-28-2013 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobsWK2 (Post 790926)

The liftgate was not aligned correctly at the factory. Was way to tight on left side. So much for their laser equipment checking gaps. Steering wheel was off center. As above mentioned, a few small specks of what looks like dirt in the paint. Center console had poor fit to the right of shifter.

And to think mine was pulled after assembly for a 29 mile "Quality Assurance Test". See attached photo. What a joke.

I was browsing Cars.com last night and saw a 2014 that had the tailgate that was waaaay left as well.

ravenclaw 03-28-2013 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobsWK2 (Post 790926)

Totally understand your disappointment...You're making me nervous.. Expecting mine next week...what corrective steps has the dealer taken?

DirtyDuc83 03-28-2013 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PMD G8 (Post 790932)
I was browsing Cars.com last night and saw a 2014 that had the tailgate that was waaaay left as well.

My 2012 is aligned closer to the right...I guess they overcorrected on the 2014s lol.

I would say that anyone picking up a 2014 early on is likely going to see some of the issues mentioned in this thread and others. It's generally the risk you take purchasing the first year of a redesign or refresh. I've seen this with many different manufacturers...as much as some like to bash Chrysler for the qc...they aren't the only ones subject to these road bumps.

BobsWK2 03-28-2013 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ravenclaw (Post 790944)
Totally understand your disappointment...You're making me nervous.. Expecting mine next week...what corrective steps has the dealer taken?

They sent my Jeep over to a body shop who did an excellent job of centering the liftgate. AND they didn't do any damage inside or out while doing the adjustment which was a relief. The dealer put the Jeep on their Hunter alignment rack and after 2 attempts in 2 days, first day even though they adjusted toe setting since both sides were out from the factory, I think the wheel is now centered. Didn't use it today so I'll try it tomorrow. The paint specs I didn't even mention since I've never seen any vehicle, no matter what it might cost, that has a perfect paint job from the factory.

doulos4JC 03-28-2013 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobsWK2 (Post 790974)
...The paint specs I didn't even mention since I've never seen any vehicle, no matter what it might cost, that has a perfect paint job from the factory.

Not sure the ones I have are repairable, short of repainting whole panel, so I suppose I'll live with them.

I've seen multiple hundreds of BMW and Mercedes(and other manufacturers)with flawless paint. The flaws in my paint would be, and are, totally unacceptable for these high end customers/dealers/manufacturers.