Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   Might have found my next jeep,need advice. (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/might-have-found-my-next-jeep-need-advice-57376.html)

Jambarino 03-28-2013 07:11 PM

Might have found my next jeep,need advice.

Well I drove by a local used car lot and spotted a blue wk.Stopped and poked around it.Its an 06 Laredo with the 4.7,80k miles,4WD although I am not sure which version.Looks really clean no body dings or dents and the paint looks good,needs to be waxed.The tires were shot,might have 5k more miles on them,but not bad considering I would replace them asap anyways.I test drove it and it rides good,no wobbles or veering to either side.The heat and ac all works and comes out of every vent,all window motors were good,the rear hatch struts were good,however the hood struts were shot.Front brakes looked good,rear brakes looked a littler rough,brake pedal feel was a little soft as well.Shifted great and no hesitation was felt,actually felt quicker than my 03 ram with the 4.7.

Its listed at 9850.Sound like a good deal?I haven't run the carfax yet and I emailed Jeep to get the build sheet.My credit union will run the carfax for me for free If I really want it.I really wanted a hemi but this seems like a good deal.Other option is one a dealer just put up.A white 05 limited 4WD with 77k for 14700 and it has the 5.7.

JonJon 03-29-2013 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jambarino (Post 790886)
Well I drove by a local used car lot and spotted a blue wk.Stopped and poked around it.Its an 06 Laredo with the 4.7,80k miles,4WD although I am not sure which version.Looks really clean no body dings or dents and the paint looks good,needs to be waxed.The tires were shot,might have 5k more miles on them,but not bad considering I would replace them asap anyways.I test drove it and it rides good,no wobbles or veering to either side.The heat and ac all works and comes out of every vent,all window motors were good,the rear hatch struts were good,however the hood struts were shot.Front brakes looked good,rear brakes looked a littler rough,brake pedal feel was a little soft as well.Shifted great and no hesitation was felt,actually felt quicker than my 03 ram with the 4.7.

Its listed at 9850.Sound like a good deal?I haven't run the carfax yet and I emailed Jeep to get the build sheet.My credit union will run the carfax for me for free If I really want it.I really wanted a hemi but this seems like a good deal.Other option is one a dealer just put up.A white 05 limited 4WD with 77k for 14700 and it has the 5.7.

I personally have the 4.7 and it handles the jeep well. There are times I wish I had a 5.7 but those times aren't often. The major thing you want to look for is the QuadraDrive 2 system. Even if you don't plan on doing any off road, it handles wet and snow conditions better than other systems. If the first one is a Laredo, then it probably doesn't have QD2. The Hemi has a better chance of having it. There should be a decal between the shifter and cup holder that says it. Good luck and feel free to ask more questions.

Jambarino 03-29-2013 11:58 AM

Yeah I got an email from jeep with the build sheet the Laredo has quadratrac 2.It appears the white hemi has sold its no longer on the dealer website however a red one just popped up almost identical to the white one,05 with 79k I may check it out today,hopefully it has the QD2.

JonJon 03-29-2013 12:20 PM

Check out the red one and if it doesn't have it, I'd keep looking. Don't just settle.

Lucas J 03-29-2013 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonJon (Post 791318)

I personally have the 4.7 and it handles the jeep well. There are times I wish I had a 5.7 but those times aren't often.

Do yourself a favor and don't make a decision without at least least test driving a HEMI. You will not be disappointed. It's worth every penny IMO.

Jambarino 03-29-2013 10:50 PM

Re: Might have found my next jeep,need advice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucas J (Post 791726)
YouTube

Do yourself a favor and don't make a decision without at least least test driving a HEMI. You will not be disappointed. It's worth every penny IMO.

Yeah I have driven a couple of Rams with the HEMI but not a Jeep,I definitely am seeking out a HEMI,however the 4.7 wasnt bad,but with a lift and bigger tires I can imagine it suffers,and mpg's are almost identical anyways.As a matter of fact my 03 Ram with the 4.7 gets worse mileage(14 mpg combined)than my buddies 04 Ram with the HEMI,(15.8 mpg combined) and he John Force launches at every red light lol.

JonJon 03-30-2013 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucas J (Post 791726)

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=InaRI...%3DInaRIYFPMiY

The only time I wish I had a Hemi is when I'm behind you on an on ramp. But then again, I haven't had that problem in a while. :p Otherwise with the 4.7 and a superchips, it handles the lift and 285's just fine.

ALPINEST4RS 03-30-2013 08:00 AM

The 4.7 will treat you well. Never got the chance to drive a hemi, but I can vouch for the 4.7L, it feels like a great balance for the car.

Bikemobile 03-30-2013 05:39 PM

Qt2 is simple to maintain and with the brake activated limited slip it is VERY capable off road. Throw a good seat of tires on it and it will take you further off road than you think.

Qd2 is nice, works very well and has limited slip all the time with lockers in 4lo. I wish i had it but qt2 has never left me stranded or stuck where lockers would have saved me. Tires and ground clearance have always been my issues.