Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

Spotted a Test Mule Today

4K views 25 replies 16 participants last post by  bdf1 
#1 ·
It was in the parking lot of Luray Caverns in Virginia. It had a WK2 rear (hatch, flipper glass, taillights), but WK2.5 front clip and interior. Wonder what they're testing?

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

See less See more
#9 ·
Well, at least we now know that the 11-13 headlights fit the '14s. For those that just can't take the sight of the black plastic piece....

#8 ·
The interior was a mixed bag too. It had the new radio and center stack but last year's SRT8 steering wheel.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

#12 ·
Why does this have to be something they are currently testing for the future. Why can't this be a test mule they used to test in preparation for production of the WK2.5 ?
Could be. Who knows? The only difference between the two sets of pics is that the one I posted has a Selec Terrain knob. The one you posted has the cubby hole.

#21 ·
what I think is interesting is they said the 8.4 would not fit into a 11-13 but that interior is obviously an 11-13. I wonder if someone could find out if that mule had the "powernet architecture". I wonder if the new front end addresses the bumper problem in the 14..

#22 ·
The dash, gauges and console are from a 2014. Pieces like the wheel and wood trim, I would assume are universal.

#26 ·
About 2 weeks ago traveling down I-94 in Michigan I spotted a white mule next to me. It was pretty bad weather, so I couldn't get a great look but I thought it was odd as the external body seemed to be entirely 2011-13, however, it had camo on the front quarter panels (nothing covering the front end like this one does)

Perhaps supports testing different cooling configs for a new engine setup as suggested earlier?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.