Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   Need Help Audio Upgrade 2012 Overland 730N (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/need-help-audio-upgrade-2012-overland-730n-57410.html)

Boba10320 03-29-2013 01:27 PM

Need Help Audio Upgrade 2012 Overland 730N

I want to upgrade my audio system keeping the 730n in the dash. Figure I need new speakers and some amps. I have a budget of no more than $2000. Would this be something the average person could do themselves? I appreciate any and all help in my quest for better sound.

1stJeepGC 03-29-2013 08:12 PM

Re: Need Help Audio Upgrade 2012 Overland 730N

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boba10320 (Post 791382)
I want to upgrade my audio system keeping the 730n in the dash. Figure I need new speakers and some amps. I have a budget of no more than $2000. Would this be something the average person could do themselves? I appreciate any and all help in my quest for better sound.

Greetings,

I would search the threads by the following forum members that have done their or fully participated in their respective upgrades:

MOOSEHEAD, SUBBIE09, RAGEOFFURY AND VOYAGERX just to name a few.

In terms of your budget, it depends if you want to keep the surround sound system. For example, the JL Audio Stealthbox, amp and the wiring kit will run over $1K. Then depending on your level of sound quality, speakers can get pricy and that will require quality amps, plus additional processing. You can very quickly spend over $3,500 to $5,000.00 with this route of an upgrade.

However, if your sound quality requirements is not that extensive and you prefer the traditional front, rear and sub approach, you can make it with your budget. As a recommendation with regards to the amps, look for Class D, they are efficient on the JGC electrical system.

Best for now.:)

Boba10320 03-30-2013 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1stJeepGC (Post 791641)
Greetings,

I would search the threads by the following forum members that have done their or fully participated in their respective upgrades:

MOOSEHEAD, SUBBIE09, RAGEOFFURY AND VOYAGERX just to name a few.

In terms of your budget, it depends if you want to keep the surround sound system. For example, the JL Audio Stealthbox, amp and the wiring kit will run over $1K. Then depending on your level of sound quality, speakers can get pricy and that will require quality amps, plus additional processing. You can very quickly spend over $3,500 to $5,000.00 with this route of an upgrade.

However, if your sound quality requirements is not that extensive and you prefer the traditional front, rear and sub approach, you can make it with your budget. As a recommendation with regards to the amps, look for Class D, they are efficient on the JGC electrical system.

Thanks for your suggestions. I will check out thoses threads for information.

1stJeepGC 03-30-2013 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boba10320 (Post 791893)
Thanks for your suggestions. I will check out thoses threads for information.

Greetings,

An old friend of mine from my pro audio & home theater days said I should check into this speaker line:

Home - The Home of the World's Finest Loudspeakers, and World Championship Car Audio Speaker Systems.

It is an American company, Hybrid Audio Technologies, that uses European designed speakers according to their own specifications. From the pictures it looks like they could be using a combination of Speakscan and Seas speakers. Many of top selling home audio speakers employ these speakers in their designs. They have an excellent product range for all budgets besides competition.