Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Before you drive off the lot with your 2014 - Look for - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/before-you-drive-off-the-lot-with-your-2014-look-for-57419.html)

glock17 03-29-2013 03:46 PM

Before you drive off the lot with your 2014 - Look for -

What to look for on your new 2014 - Most everything I had for problems have been resolved or are in the process of being resolved.

Check out the Uconnect system - Registration, Memory of settings, Pairing of phone etc. If it all fails, contact Uconnect and open a ticket. In my case, they reloaded the headunit - Still can't get my Iphone 5 to work. (Next rev of Uconnect software should resolve)

Walk around and pay careful attention to the following -

Front headlights - Condensation - Won't know if it comes back until I wash it again.

Rear Tail light drivers side - Seal broken, water inside (Dealer Replaced)

Rear Drivers side Fender Flare - Not lined up with molding buldging out (Dealer ordered color matched Flare)

Fender Wheelwells - Look for missing plastic rivets or rivets that are popped out (Dealer installed missing rivets)

Rear tailgate alighment, shifts more to the right - Body shopped adjusted

Window seal passenger rear window, apparently cut when it was installed (dealer ordering new seal)

Hoping none of you have these for problems, my build date was March, hoping they realize they have QC issues.

Zezri 03-29-2013 04:06 PM

Re: Before you drive off the lot with your 2014 - Look for -

Anyone know if TSB's have been issued for these or other issues yet? Same question for running changes at the factory. Thanks.

ravenclaw 03-29-2013 05:21 PM

glock, thanks for the heads up!...printed and taking it with me to dealer when MY2014 is due next week.

PMD G8 03-29-2013 05:33 PM

Checked out the rear tailgate on mine and all seems to be good. :thumbsup:

However, when I go back to pick it up next week I will do a more thorough walk around and inspection. Right now it's in the back lot and hasn't undergone the pre delivery inspection.

glock17 03-29-2013 05:35 PM

Your welcome - Hopefully none of you will have these issues , my build date was mid-march and all my issues the jeep dealer brought to the attention of Corporate. I'm still waiting on the Uconnect update (possibly next week) and the fender flare (flare is on back order), praying nothing else goes wrong. I will say the black pearl coat paint is wild looking when the sun hits it and catches peoples eyes.

PMD G8 03-29-2013 05:35 PM

If you get a chance can you take a pic and post the area you are talking about with the rear window seal. Thanks

glock17 03-29-2013 05:46 PM

Yes will take one tomorrow after its bath and post.

JWS360 03-29-2013 08:53 PM

Seriously?

Quote:

Originally Posted by glock17 (Post 791486)
What to look for on your new 2014 - Most everything I had for problems have been resolved or are in the process of being resolved.

Check out the Uconnect system - Registration, Memory of settings, Pairing of phone etc. If it all fails, contact Uconnect and open a ticket. In my case, they reloaded the headunit - Still can't get my Iphone 5 to work. (Next rev of Uconnect software should resolve)

Walk around and pay careful attention to the following -

Front headlights - Condensation - Won't know if it comes back until I wash it again.

Rear Tail light drivers side - Seal broken, water inside (Dealer Replaced)

Rear Drivers side Fender Flare - Not lined up with molding buldging out (Dealer ordered color matched Flare)

Fender Wheelwells - Look for missing plastic rivets or rivets that are popped out (Dealer installed missing rivets)

Rear tailgate alighment, shifts more to the right - Body shopped adjusted

Window seal passenger rear window, apparently cut when it was installed (dealer ordering new seal)

Hoping none of you have these for problems, my build date was March, hoping they realize they have QC issues.

Good lord, that's an incredible list for a 40K vehicle! I've owned BMWs since 96 & am very heavily contemplating an Overland this fall. Never in 5 BMWs, a Lexus & a Toyota Sienna seen all this in ALL my current/prior vehicles put together.

Your post is not inspiring confidence...... I can only hope that they get their act together by the fall.

PMD G8 04-03-2013 07:32 AM

Picked her up yesterday and drove it 2 hours home. Guess what? Condensation in the headlamps too. Must just be one of those new added bonuses.

Also, the Uconnect "Settings" page has a few quirks in it. Not impressed AT ALL with the new Ambient lighting, it's waaaay too dim compared to older models and the Footwell Lighting was just a complete waste of time on Jeeps part, they were dim as well. I couldn't even tell they were on until I climbed headfirst into the footwell.

(Let me just say so far I am impressed, these are just some of the annoyances that I have found. Like others, not many people come on here praising everything that is right with their car)

kkreit01 04-03-2013 10:06 AM

That many problems on a Summit?! I think I would have walked off the lot with my old vehicle. Very sad...

wap2012 04-22-2013 11:58 PM

Headlight condensation is normal according to Chrysler bulletin. They will only replace headlights if the condensation doesn't go away after some time after start up. I had condensation in mine once and it went away after a few minutes with the lights on. Never noticed anymore condensation again.

bill_de 04-23-2013 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glock17 (Post 791486)

I looked at my windows after reading this and thought I had the same problem. When I looked more closely I found that the seals were folded into the window track. I lowered the windows and held the seals out while raising them. I will let them be for a week or two to see if they hold their shape. If they fold in every time a window is opened and closed I'll have them replaced.