Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Suspension/Driveline/Brakes/Wheels/Tires (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f109/)
-   -   European S-limited vs. overland setup (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f109/european-s-limited-vs-overland-setup-57446.html)

d8smt 03-30-2013 03:23 AM

European S-limited vs. overland setup

hi all,

looking currently at these 2 models in Europe, I much prefer the spec of the Overland overall but the handling of the S-Limited is much more to my taste driving-wise, and they are both of a similar price.

Does anyone know the difference between the two models that gives the S-limited stiffer charavteristics on the handling side - I suspect its just different suspension components & am thinking that I could still buy my overland & upgrade to S-limited handling if its just a matter of shocks ?

cheers

Dave

Jeep_addicted 03-31-2013 12:41 PM

Re: European S-limited vs. overland setup

I wish I could help but since the S-limited has been released I have not seen any media coverage of it or any test reviews.

I am unfamiliar in the standard equipment of the European (export) market overland.

Here are some of the obvious exclusive feature that the S-limited has:
  • Standard sport rear valance
  • Standard blacked out grille and rear brow
  • Standard gloss black 10 spoke wheels mounted to Continental Cross-Contact UHP tires.
  • Exclusive blacked out headlights
  • Exclusive SRT inspired front seats.
  • Standard upgraded stereo
I would say if you want the look of the S-limited buy it because in your export market it would be more costly to replicate it.

The Drawbacks of the S-Limited package is that is does not have recovery hooks, a roof rack or provisions for towing.

If you will be focusing on offroading and towing or using the roof rack then I would say get the overland.

Here is something else to consider we don't know how long jeep will offer this package if you want one now and you have access to them might as well secure one now.

SRT ROB 03-31-2013 04:24 PM

I went for S Limited, I looked at the overland but apart from pano roof the S Limited has more to offer with the upgraded stereo, exterior styling and the SRT seats, sure you don't get the leather dash but you get the real carbon dashboard trim which I wanted.

I don't know about the lack of towing ability with the real valance but I'm going to be looking in to getting a tow hitch fitted as I need to get a bike rack for my mountain bike.

As said above, go for the S, its a special edition model like the Vapour and Alpine so will be worth more when you come to sell, hopefully.

suzieque 03-31-2013 04:29 PM

the WK North American edition of the S-Limited had towing, roof rack and front tow hooks. The WK2 UK edition of the S-Limited may have some of those features too, you'd have to confirm locally.

I wished the WK North American edition of the S-Limited had SRT springs and SRT sway bars and SRT brakes, but then I guess it would be to much like the SRT. :)

d8smt 04-01-2013 03:02 AM

Thanks all, I've looked at the difference in specs etc. already and am aware of the differences in bodywork, interior et. al.. What I was specifically looking for informaiton on was the suspension setup - the S-Limited is touted with "sports suspension" and was wondering what this was & whether it could be easily retrofitted to the Overland. I'm guessing its just uprated shocks/anti-rollbars (since they both share air suspension) but wondering whether it extended beyond this ?

cheers

Dave

SRT ROB 04-01-2013 04:09 AM

To be honest mate I wasn't aware of the difference in suspension stiffness, I thought the Overland and S had the same Quadralift, as for changing shocks, this would be a big and expensive job as the front shocks also have the air bag attached. The standard S setup isn't that much different to the Overland after I test drove them both so for the money you wouldn't be gaining much.

d8smt 04-01-2013 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SRT ROB (Post 793081)
To be honest mate I wasn't aware of the difference in suspension stiffness, I thought the Overland and S had the same Quadralift, as for changing shocks, this would be a big and expensive job as the front shocks also have the air bag attached. The standard S setup isn't that much different to the Overland after I test drove them both so for the money you wouldn't be gaining much.

thanks Rob, good feedback.

cheers

Dave

2mad2bad 04-13-2013 11:10 AM

S-limited has performance pack, which I believe is an option on summit, adds high performance brakes and upgraded suspension..

jgc4ever 04-20-2013 04:37 PM

They both have Quadra Lift Air Suspension.