Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/)
-   -   Ready for first 2 mods. Question. (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/ready-for-first-2-mods-question-57457.html)

Debauch 03-30-2013 09:56 AM

Ready for first 2 mods. Question.

I'm ready for my first two mods: the Altitude grill and the lockpick. Have a couple of questions though that I hope someone can help with.

1. Anyone know the difference between these two grills? They're both supposed to be the Altitude Grill in brilliant black. I Can't figure out why one is almost $100 more than the other though. Thoughts?

Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Grille - Brilliant Black (Part No: 1ZW79AXRAA): AllMoparParts.com

Black Altitude Edition Grill - Item # 1ZW79DX8AA & 1ZW79AXRAA

2. Lockpick v.5 or CHR550: Any long term issues that guys are aware of?

Thank you

Debauch 04-01-2013 06:59 PM

Re: Ready for first 2 mods. Question.

No one?

Guess I'll be the guinea pig!

Megatron 04-01-2013 07:08 PM

In response to your question, I would say to purchase the first one. I don't see any difference from the one posted on justforjeeps

akimball 04-01-2013 08:05 PM

i would call just for jeeps and tell them you are a member here. they are very good with helping out our members.

and if you tell them that you are a jeep garage member you will get a discount.

DirtyDuc83 04-01-2013 08:16 PM

There are two different blacks.

Brilliant black has some metallic flake in it, while the regular black is just a gloss black. Besides that the price difference is simply that justforjeeps sells their parts for quite a bit more than can be found elsewhere.

Jeep_addicted 04-02-2013 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyDuc83 (Post 793585)

Brilliant black has some metallic flake in it, while the regular black is just a gloss black. Besides that the price difference is simply that justforjeeps sells their parts for quite a bit more than can be found elsewhere.

If you tell them Scott or Correy sent you they will come down within $3 of the prices listed on trademotion and it qualifies for free shipping which you can't get shopping on trademotion.

Take it from me I used to buy from those online mopar parts stores and JFJ practically matches the prices and gives a personal level of service.

Bostondan77 04-02-2013 08:25 AM

Go for the regular black and not the brilliant just for jeeps are good ive dealt w Pete in the passed

Debauch 04-02-2013 02:05 PM

Thank you all for the input. I was really expecting you to tell me that they're different because of X, Y & Z. If they're the same though, I have my answer regaring which one to get!

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyDuc83 (Post 793585)

Both the grills in my link are for the brilliant black.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bostondan77 (Post 793835)
Go for the regular black and not the brilliant just for jeeps are good ive dealt w Pete in the passed

Reall? Why the regular?

Ike_Keel 04-02-2013 05:28 PM

Chrome fogs and window tint ... Those two little investments go a long way.

Debauch 04-09-2013 05:39 PM

Does anyone here have the Brilliant Black grill and know how close of a color match it is to the factory Brilliant Black Pearl coat? Are they the same?

Pictures would be great if you have them.

Thank you

jgc4ever 04-09-2013 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Debauch (Post 799868)
Does anyone here have the Brilliant Black grill and know how close of a color match it is to the factory Brilliant Black Pearl coat? Are they the same?

Pictures would be great if you have them.

Thank you

I have it. It's a perfect match.

Debauch 04-09-2013 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgc4ever (Post 799984)
I have it. It's a perfect match.

Perfect. Thank you :thumbsup: