Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/)
-   -   Does anyone wish that the SRT would be more special? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/does-anyone-wish-that-the-srt-would-be-more-special-57481.html)

mpatel1080 03-30-2013 05:27 PM

Does anyone wish that the SRT would be more special?

I pose this question because, while the SRT GC is a beast, I can't help but notice it is way too similar to the regular GC but with a huge price premium. I wish they would use some more unique exterior panels and more unique interior bits.
Also, the engine should get a little more TLC than rolling off the same line as the other Hemis in Mexico...this is a american muscle car engine, at least make it in america!! I am not trying to troll, but am just pointing out that these vehicles don't get the TLC in manufacturing they deserve. SRTs closest competitors are BMW M, AMG and Caddy V...all these engines are made in dedicated factories with tighter tolerances and "cream of the crop" workers.

Srt8_hmi 03-30-2013 06:57 PM

Re: Does anyone wish that the SRT would be more special?

Who do you think supervises tge QC at the plant in Mexico? When I see a WK1 or WK2 SRT Jeep pass by I always can tell what it is by the aggressive stying cues on the front fascia. I think it is even further from the first gen of SRT Jeeps as well.

Scottina06 03-30-2013 07:13 PM

Not even close imho....the wk2 SRT even more so withe the different fender flares. ...hood etc.

mangoe 03-30-2013 07:43 PM

Yep! put the power folding mirror on it,get the heated and cooled cup holder,lane keep assists,and get the 911 service available in Canada,so you can start your SRT with your smart phone from thousands of miles or kilometers anywhere in the world.

azzam1 03-30-2013 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mangoe (Post 792323)
Yep! put the power folding mirror on it,get the heated and cooled cup holder,lane keep assists,and get the 911 service available in Canada,so you can start your SRT with your smart phone from thousands of miles or kilometers anywhere in the world.

I hate the fact that we in Canada can't not start our Jeeps using our phones (it is the coldest up here) or have the emergency service avilable to us. GM had OnStar for years why Jeep can't offer it in Canada..very disappointing

Regarding the look..I agree with comments above, the 2014 Jeep SRT looks different than the others although I really really really miss the old SRT exhaust in the middle. I wish Jeep would offer it as an option for people who won't order the tow pack.

forza 03-31-2013 07:34 AM

Here we go again. Another one that thinks the quality on a Mercedes is something that it is not. On my 3rd Merc and still not all that impressed with the quality. They had to replace the heads on my CLS63 after 8k miles along with the stereo system. Older CLK had sunroof replaced x 2, would shut off going around corners, and other minor issues. New CL63 has rattles, lighting doesn't function correctly, throttle response sucks when cold. And their service writers are idiots. If you want all the toys on your Jeep it's gonna cost you more. People already complain about the price as it is. I'll take the WK2 SRT all day long over the comparable Merc SUV that cost 20k more.

houtex 03-31-2013 08:22 AM

My SRT will be special.
With less than 4500 world wide ,chances are I won't see one in my neighbor's driveway.
Even if someone around here gets a JGC, it'll just help show how much cooler looking mine is.
I take care of my vehicles, so if Jeep gets it right, it'll stay right. I''ll provide all the TLC she needs, along with the ocassional abuse (wink wink)

mpatel1080 03-31-2013 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by forza (Post 792550)
Here we go again. Another one that thinks the quality on a Mercedes is something that it is not. On my 3rd Merc and still not all that impressed with the quality. They had to replace the heads on my CLS63 after 8k miles along with the stereo system. Older CLK had sunroof replaced x 2, would shut off going around corners, and other minor issues. New CL63 has rattles, lighting doesn't function correctly, throttle response sucks when cold. And their service writers are idiots. If you want all the toys on your Jeep it's gonna cost you more. People already complain about the price as it is. I'll take the WK2 SRT all day long over the comparable Merc SUV that cost 20k more.

I wasn't trying to say a Mercedes is of higher quality. What I was trying to say is that chrysler isn't doing enough to make these cars special. My main problem is that the engines are being built on the same line in Mexico as the regular hemis. I wish they would build them on a special line like AMG does. Maybe the supercharged one will be!!

mangoe 03-31-2013 10:39 AM

If they hand build these engines like MB AMG,then the cost will go higher for the SRT,most European vehicle is over priced,especially the Germans,Audi,BMW,MB,etc.

If this jeep was built in Europe just the way it is,and imported back into north America it would cost alot more money,not because the quality would be any better than what it is right now,but because of the brain wash European psychology that says any automobile that is imported from Europe back into north America is better quality,more sophisticated and more refined.
That is the perception tax that we all pay to own one of these European vehicle,yes give them credit where credit is due,they make some good vehicle,Audi,BMW,Porsch,MB, etc, the question is how much does quality cost?
Isn't it subjective,according to the driver and the owner of the automobile based on his or her experience with that specific automobile.

robpp 03-31-2013 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by forza (Post 792550)

The quality isn't up to your standards but you bought 3 of them........awesome/

mpatel1080 03-31-2013 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mangoe (Post 792636)
If they hand build these engines like MB AMG,then the cost will go higher for the SRT,most European vehicle is over priced,especially the Germans,Audi,BMW,MB,etc.

If this jeep was built in Europe just the way it is,and imported back into north America it would cost alot more money,not because the quality would be any better than what it is right now,but because of the brain wash European psychology that says any automobile that is imported from Europe back into north America is better quality,more sophisticated and more refined.
That is the perception tax that we all pay to own one of these European vehicle,yes give them credit where credit is due,they make some good vehicle,Audi,BMW,Porsch,MB, etc, the question is how much does quality cost?
Isn't it subjective,according to the driver and the owner of the automobile based on his or her experience with that specific automobile.

I am not suggesting they build it in Europe and ship it back to america. I was just trying to say maybe they should not outsource SRT engine production to Mexico. This is their premier product and they should make the engines in the USA.

SnoFire 03-31-2013 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpatel1080 (Post 792651)

I am not suggesting they build it in Europe and ship it back to america. I was just trying to say maybe they should not outsource SRT engine production to Mexico. This is their premier product and they should make the engines in the USA.

Is there an issue with the SRT motor??