Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/)
-   -   2012 SRT rear tonneau / privacy cover (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/2012-srt-rear-tonneau-privacy-cover-57522.html)

mr.niftie 03-31-2013 11:44 AM

2012 SRT rear tonneau / privacy cover
 
Hi just wondering if these came standard on these trucks?
If not are they ever for sale on these forums or else what is a reasonable price for new?

SRT8BLK 03-31-2013 11:48 AM

Re: 2012 SRT rear tonneau / privacy cover
 
mine came standard, saw one on ebay for $150 ish

smknsrt8z 03-31-2013 11:52 AM

I can sell u mine it's been sitting in garage for like 2 months

jim383 03-31-2013 01:16 PM

Re: 2012 SRT rear tonneau / privacy cover
 
I can tell you 1 thing if you sell yours and later on you trade your jeep in they will bill you for a new one as its part of the car not an option.

mr.niftie 03-31-2013 01:24 PM

Re: 2012 SRT rear tonneau / privacy cover
 
Thanks for the reply.. I will fight the dealer for this.

smknsrt8z 04-02-2013 04:11 AM

No they won't and they can't. .. That's horse crap i run a jeep dealership u know how many people check for NO ONE IF ITS NOT ON YOUR MARONIE STICKER YOUR NOT GETTING IT
SORRY ,, but let me know ill sell my
Good luck

Schleprock 04-02-2013 03:37 PM

Re: 2012 SRT rear tonneau / privacy cover
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jim383 (Post 792700)
I can tell you 1 thing if you sell yours and later on you trade your jeep in they will bill you for a new one as its part of the car not an option.

LOL where do people come up with these type of comments?

GalidiinaeSRT 04-02-2013 07:39 PM

Re: 2012 SRT rear tonneau / privacy cover
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by smknsrt8z (Post 793735)
No they won't and they can't. .. That's horse crap i run a jeep dealership u know how many people check for NO ONE IF ITS NOT ON YOUR MARONIE STICKER YOUR NOT GETTING IT
SORRY ,, but let me know ill sell my
Good luck

The window sticker ain't a build sheet. It doesn't list everything that's on/in the Jeep.

You can email Chrysler and request a build sheet showing everything the Jeep left the factory with. They just need your VIN. Go to the contact info of Jeeps website and just write them an email requesting a build sheet for your Jeep. I've done it with past Jeeps.


jim383 04-03-2013 03:55 AM

Re: 2012 SRT rear tonneau / privacy cover
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GalidiinaeSRT (Post 794377)
The window sticker ain't a build sheet. It doesn't list everything that's on/in the Jeep.

You can email Chrysler and request a build sheet showing everything the Jeep left the factory with. They just need your VIN. Go to the contact info of Jeeps website and just write them an email requesting a build sheet for your Jeep. I've done it with past Jeeps.


Yep you got that right as my build sheet calls it CARGO COVER and sales code is CSCS.

Schleprock 04-03-2013 07:38 AM

Re: 2012 SRT rear tonneau / privacy cover
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jim383 (Post 794626)
Yep you got that right as my build code calls it CARGO COVER and sales code is CSCS.

OK, still doesn't mean you are going to be charged for it. When you trade a vehicle in, the trade value reflects the car provided "as is" upon review. The dollar amount they offer is based on what they have seen and feel it is worth as a trade. Now if you delete or sell things between the time they assess it and you hand it to them, that's a different story because you have changed what they have seen as the total package.

ItsAJeepThing 04-03-2013 08:15 AM

Re: 2012 SRT rear tonneau / privacy cover
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jim383 (Post 792700)
I can tell you 1 thing if you sell yours and later on you trade your jeep in they will bill you for a new one as its part of the car not an option.

Definitely not. If you are trading in the car (car was bought) so they cannot charge you anything. If the car was leased and you are returning it at the end of your contract, only then they can charge you, because the car was a "long term rental" so they expect everything to be there.

jim383 04-03-2013 08:17 AM

Re: 2012 SRT rear tonneau / privacy cover
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Schleprock (Post 794702)
OK, still doesn't mean you are going to be charged for it. When you trade a vehicle in, the trade value reflects the car provided "as is" upon review. The dollar amount they offer is based on what they have seen and feel it is worth as a trade. Now if you delete or sell things between the time they assess it and you hand it to them, that's a different story because you have changed what they have seen as the total package.

I understand what you guys are saying but all i no is what they told me if its standared eq then it has to be with the car when traded in or i will be charged for it. I no the manager who appraises all the car is a real bear on these things as he knew it needed a CARB STICKER on the aftermarket cai.
Here in CA it may be diff as we have funny laws here and when i traded my 07 in they appraised it then told me they needed these 3 things because they were standard eq or they will deduct it from the price of my trade in. I told them i forgot the cargo cover,ear phones for the rear dvd and they wanted the stock cai because it had no CA CARB STICKER and i said i have it and ill bring the rest over when i bring the pink slip. This also happended on the cargo cover on my srt4 as i didnt have it in the car when appraised and they asked me for it as it was standered eq. LOL they also asked me where the spare tire was and i said the SRT8 dont come with 1. I got a hell of a deal on my 2012 srt8 and was happy with my trade in price so i wasnt going to ruffle there feathers on this.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:06 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community