Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   is it safe to drive my truck? engine light on. (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/is-it-safe-to-drive-my-truck-engine-light-on-57528.html)

Dabitz 03-31-2013 04:18 PM

is it safe to drive my truck? engine light on.

My engine light came on this weekend and a friend of mine read the code for me. It's the curse, cylinder 2 misfire. I'm at 45k miles with the penstar. I don't have an appointment since it happened during the weekend, is it o OK to use the truck one more day and take it Tuesday?

Just want to be safe and not really sure if it will make a difference to wait another day about 45 miles back and forth from work. I had a rough idle for a while buy dealership didn't find anything wrong before.

Thanks

loveracing1988 03-31-2013 05:30 PM

It's not great on it but as long as the light isn't flashing you can drive it.

Dabitz 03-31-2013 06:16 PM

Re: is it safe to drive my truck? engine light on.

OK thanks

ColdCase 03-31-2013 07:39 PM

Yeah you can drive it, won't be any more damage. Don't let it go long, I'd get it fixed within 5000 miles or so... but its not an immediate issue where other things can be damaged.

Dabitz 03-31-2013 09:47 PM

Thanks.

tomstromie 04-01-2013 08:45 PM

I'm more concerned than the others. My wife's Pilot had the same code and it turned out that the spark plug had come loose (it happens on Pilots of that generation). I caught the problem before the spark plug threads were ruined in head. The unburned fuel did harm the CAT which caused more error codes.

padgett 04-02-2013 07:59 AM

Am a little fanatical about my cars so have both scan tools and a service manual with all the codes (manual cost more than then scan tools), can even read from my smart phone.

About once a month I check for the misfire counts, is good so far but only at 8,000 miles.

RoMe2 04-06-2013 12:25 PM

If you look on the forum here there is a whole thread about this and if it is okay to drive on it. You might get some more information on it as well as how long it will take to fix. Not trying to be mean or a jerk just giving you a heads up where to find more information about it. This issue happened with me about 2 months or so ago. Good luck and hope it is covered under your warranty.

Dabitz 04-06-2013 03:08 PM

I got it back in two days. They covered it under the engine 100k miles warranty. Replaced the head, all gaskets and new plugs. They also replaced the sway arms under my extended warranty because they were starting to crack. I only paid for the plugs and half an hour labor 166.00. Runs better than new now. I refused oil change but they changed for free.

Thanks