Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Engine Performance/Intakes/Exhausts (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f108/)
-   -   Diablo - HemiFever Tuning - Question? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f108/diablo-hemifever-tuning-question-57573.html)

etennyson 04-01-2013 04:04 PM

Diablo - HemiFever Tuning - Question?

Okay, so I'm on the fence about getting a tuner. Sean (from HemiFever) has been very nice answering all of my questions. The last question that I asked was, would a tuner void my warranty. His reply was, "nothing you do will void your warranty".

So what do you guys think? Any experience on this one you'd like to share?

Thanks,
Eric

DirtyDuc83 04-01-2013 07:37 PM

Re: Diablo - HemiFever Tuning - Question?

Quote:

Originally Posted by etennyson (Post 793442)
Okay, so I'm on the fence about getting a tuner. Sean (from HemiFever) has been very nice answering all of my questions. The last question that I asked was, would a tuner void my warranty. His reply was, "nothing you do will void your warranty".

So what do you guys think? Any experience on this one you'd like to share?

Thanks,
Eric

Nothing will "void" your warranty. But...if your engine explodes and the tuner is deemed the cause. A new engine would not be covered.

steveo 04-01-2013 09:22 PM

Of course running a tune will void your warranty... The question is???? Did the tune F- up your motor and can the dealer find out. Unless you write the tune and know the in and outs... My guess is as good as yours. I've ran a custom tune in my 2010 Srt and had no issues with the dealer. YMMV

dizz1979 04-02-2013 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steveo (Post 793616)
Of course running a tune will void your warranty... The question is???? Did the tune F- up your motor and can the dealer find out. Unless you write the tune and know the in and outs... My guess is as good as yours. I've ran a custom tune in my 2010 Srt and had no issues with the dealer. YMMV

We have been through this over and over. Only if your tune was a direct cause of engine malfunction would it be denied. As a precaution for denial of any warranty work return your vehicle to stock before bringing it to the dealer.

steveo 04-02-2013 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dizz1979 (Post 793740)
We have been through this over and over. Only if your tune was a direct cause of engine malfunction would it be denied. As a precaution for denial of any warranty work return your vehicle to stock before bringing it to the dealer.

That's what I was trying to say.

etennyson 04-02-2013 03:21 PM

I know this was probably one of those redundant questions but after hours of searching the forum I still had some hesitation. I appreciate everyone's feedback. I'm going to go for it :)

etennyson 04-03-2013 11:13 AM

I ordered it! I'll post a review when it arrives. It was purchased from hemi tuner fever (Sean Powell). Great guy to work with!

DirtyDuc83 04-03-2013 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by etennyson (Post 794864)
I ordered it! I'll post a review when it arrives. It was purchased from hemi tuner fever (Sean Powell). Great guy to work with!

Cool, keep us updated. Still loving mine.

etennyson 04-05-2013 09:22 PM

I received my tuner today. Some quick thoughts on the tuner and service:

- tuner is a little smaller than an iPhone but it feels sorta cheap in comparison. Not sure how sturdy it will be long term
- it came with extra long cables...thank you! Diablo didn't go cheap on this part.
- touchscreen feels kind of cheap as well but it gets the job done
- out of the box the tuner took awhile to update but diablo did a good job making it an easy process
- I called diablo tech and was on hold for 1 hour 20 minutes...I finally hung up and found the answer on the diablo forum
- I purchased the tuner from hemifevertuning.com and all I can say so far about Sean's service is....wow!
His response time is amazing and he has clear communication. I can't recommend him enough for this reason. I emailed him my last tune and had two new tunes in my email within the hour.
- performance...well I started with the 87 diablo tune....I haven't had a chance to take it past 60mph but acceleration is a lot better and it "pulls" a lot after shifting ....definitely a lot more fun to drive

More updates to come

dizz1979 04-06-2013 04:21 AM

Just wait until you install Seans tune. The diablo tune will feel like nothing compared to his. Especially the transmission reprogram that is part of the Hemifevertuning tune.

dmsfun 04-06-2013 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dizz1979 (Post 797074)
Just wait until you install Seans tune. The diablo tune will feel like nothing compared to his. Especially the transmission reprogram that is part of the Hemifevertuning tune.

X2....the Intune canned tunes felt just a little better than stock, while the canned trans tuning makes the most difference. Seans 93 CMR tune is so much better than the canned Diablo 93 tune. I also switch over to his 87 tune for road trips, much better than the Diablo canned 87.

damien79 04-06-2013 11:32 AM

I'm going with Sean tunes tomorrow after I get hom and look up my PCM # and diablo Serial number. I wonder if anyone has had Johan Tunes? I wonder if they are comparable, Cuz i heard great things with Johan tunes as well. Both sounds to have super tunes but how to do compare with each other??? I'll probably buy from both of them just so I can be assured I got what feels right for me.