Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Nano Coating 2014 Overland (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/nano-coating-2014-overland-57629.html)

Andoskyy 04-02-2013 09:59 AM

Nano Coating 2014 Overland

4 Attachment(s)
This isn't so much a showoff as it is informative...but moderators feel free to move.

I spent about 6 hours this weekend applying Wolf's Chemicals Hardbody Nano Sealant to my 2014 overland. I have been detailing cars for a long time, and this is the nicest, hardest finish I've ever put on any vehicle.

The company says it'll bead water for up to 24 months...so I'll keep you all posted. I did a lot of reading before spending the $$ on the product, and it has great reviews everywhere.

Application was easy, but time consuming. The nano sealant will seal in any imperfections...so if you car is swirled, you'll have to fix that with buffing before you apply. Mine wasn't, so I clay barred the whole truck and applied the coating.

Goes on very thin with a piece of microfiber, dries for 15 minutes, and wipes off easily with microfiber. Second coat after 3 hours of curing time.

Shine is incredible, as is beading and durability. Will protect against minor abrasions from rough clothes, cheap towels, etc.

Look at that shine!

GBJeep 04-02-2013 10:05 AM

Looks great! Thanks for the info on this product. You can really see the shine on the close up shot on the rear of the Jeep. I may have to check in to this stuff.

moosehead 04-02-2013 10:10 AM

Re: Nano Coating 2014 Overland

Nice recommendation and outcome. Do you also lay down a carnuba afterwards and do you use detail spray in the interim? Buckeye and other wax officionados will chime in as well.

Andoskyy 04-02-2013 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moosehead (Post 793889)
Nice recommendation and outcome. Do you also lay down a carnuba afterwards and do you use detail spray in the interim? Buckeye and other wax officionados will chime in as well.

No, the sealant is the wax...nothing needs to go on top of it.

They also have a product you can use called a Nano Quick Detailer once a month or so...but i'll look for alternatives...or if it's necessary. I don't want to get sold on the hype of only using their products.

Lankness 04-02-2013 10:57 AM

Good job. I'm putting OptiCoat on my SRT when I get it. The new coatings the various manufacturers have are certainly awesome.

Andoskyy 04-02-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lankness (Post 793931)
Good job. I'm putting OptiCoat on my SRT when I get it. The new coatings the various manufacturers have are certainly awesome.

Let me know how that works out. From what I read, OptiCoat lasts much longer...but has a little bit less of a shine.

Interested to see what you think.

ravenclaw 04-02-2013 12:11 PM

Nice !...OK, how much to do mine ? :D

Andoskyy 04-02-2013 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ravenclaw (Post 793985)
Nice !...OK, how much to do mine ? :D

Only about 35 degrees in MA today...fly me to AZ and I'll give you a great deal! :thumbsup:

Burrogs 04-02-2013 12:20 PM

I put Klasse AIO and two coats of SG on mine this weekend, always had good results with it

ravenclaw 04-02-2013 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andoskyy (Post 793990)
Only about 35 degrees in MA today...fly me to AZ and I'll give you a great deal! :thumbsup:

LOL !!..by the time you got here this weekend the forecast is for 92 degrees..too hot for that kind of work (but it's a dry heat...as the locals say...yeah, sure :eek: )
was out in the yard this AM, minor pruning & clipping...was drenched and dehydrated.
How's the AC and the ventilated seats in your 2014 ? :)