Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   Arrington Engines CAI (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/arrington-engines-cai-5767.html)

RiverCityWK 01-20-2010 10:02 PM

Arrington Engines CAI

Thanks to a heads-up from Paul, I will be heading down to Arrington Engines in Martinsville, VA in a couple weeks for a test and upfit for a new 5.7L CAI. And for my "trouble" (because lets face it, who WANTS to go to a Mopar Muscle Mecca and watch them build a new product based around their own Jeep??) they're giving me the finished product for FREE!!! I just wanted to share my excitement and thank Paul again for the insight. Stay tuned for the updates and feedback! In the meantime, check out the products they already offer!

http://www.arringtonengines.com/skin...phemi-logo.jpg

downstate 01-20-2010 10:09 PM

Re: Arrington Engines CAI

you win. :thumbsup:

sweeeeeeeet!

Chaoul1 01-20-2010 10:11 PM

No Problem man! Glad you can make it down there! Just make sure to get some pictures atleast!

RiverCityWK 01-20-2010 10:13 PM

The Nikon will be with me, be prepared for a mass of pictures. I'm hoping Richard Petty's 09 Challenger will be there!!!

Scottina06 01-20-2010 11:21 PM

cool!

pjs1965 01-20-2010 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiverCityWK (Post 136004)
The Nikon will be with me, be prepared for a mass of pictures. I'm hoping Richard Petty's 09 Challenger will be there!!!

The Petty Challenger is in Scottsdale AZ for the auction. It's set to be auctioned off on Saturday.

BTW, congrats. I knew we'd find someone here to jump on this opportunity!

RiverCityWK 01-20-2010 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjs1965 (Post 136027)
The Petty Challenger is in Scottsdale AZ for the auction. It's set to be auctioned off on Saturday.

BTW, congrats. I knew we'd find someone here to jump on this opportunity!

Ah oh well, I'm sure there's plenty more to drool over. Thanks! I can't wait!

RiverCityWK 02-09-2010 07:58 PM

One week from the new CAI! Heading down on Tuesday!

robpp 02-09-2010 08:05 PM

pick me up a 426 short block while you are there please.

RiverCityWK 02-09-2010 08:11 PM

I wish.

RiverCityWK 02-23-2010 11:13 PM

Just finished cleaning up the Jeep for tomorrows 4 hour drive to Martinsville. So stoked for the new intake!! I will be posting pics throughout the day

pjs1965 02-23-2010 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiverCityWK (Post 136031)
Ah oh well, I'm sure there's plenty more to drool over. Thanks! I can't wait!

There's lots to drool over. Here's something from another site from AJ:

Quote:

A Supercharged Weekend!!!
So last Thursday I began my monthly trip to Arrington to work on some projects. When I walked in the door I realized it was going to be interesting for sure. Here is the line up...

A) Our standard 8.8:1 426 with a Magnuson Supercharger on the Engine Dyno

B) A very nice 2010 5.7 VVT with a Magnuson S/C Kit with a little baby cam and some clean up on the heads

C) Our standard 426 loaded with a Kenne Bell S/C and some pulleys.

A) The Magnuson 426 was on our engine dyno all running on factory electronics. Tried a bunch of boost levels and injectors, different throttle bodies ect... The best Pull at 9.5 lbs made 784 Crank HP and just North of that in Flywheel Tq. The engine was very stable and consistent from pull to pull even when leaning on it hard. IAT's were really stable and with a ton of pulls on her the hottest I was able to see was 120 deg.

B) This one was really fun! 2010 Challenger RT 5.7 VVT 6 9.0: 1 comp 6 speed with a baby re-grind cam, just a touch of cleanup on the ports and a Magnuson S/C at 9lbs of boost. I was amazed at how well the throttle transitions felt and how the blower behaved. I expected to see IAT's quite a bit above the engine dyno numbers because of the environment but it really blew me away showing the same numbers after 13 hard pulls and the Part throttle steady state tuning. So what did she make??? On a Conservative tune 535 WHP and 586 Tq. This thing is an absolute riot on the street and you would barely know it was S/C until you whacked it. After a good romp on the chassis dyno and a better romp on the street the IAT's stayed under south with the cold ambient air now working with us. The blower was always cool to the touch, Over all VERY impressed with it and cant wait to stretch it further.

C) The BIG DOG!!!. Our Standard 426 607 cam ph 4 heads with a Kenne Bell. What can you say, everything about this thing is big, big manifold, big intake pipe, big throttle body ect.... Good performance and in True KB fashion making big power. Made a a bunch of low boost pulls then turned the wick up to about 17 lbs. In True KB fashion it laid it down but I had to stop because the 161 Degree IAT's were a little scary for the power level that was WELL NORTH of 700's in Power and 800's in TQ at the wheels. Awesome no doubt and not done yet. Flying down next week to continue tuning and stretching her out. IMO GREAT blower but even at 8lbs moves lots of heat and you cant get near it after a few pulls it will burn your hands. The Ice chest water tank a few guys use is a MUST IMO for this if your going to go round after round at the track.

So why the long winded post??? Well frankly at Arrington we are committed to R&D to make our combos the best out there. We are using the same parts most of you use everyday to get the compatibility, reliability, and performance everyone deserves regardless of its configuration. There will be a You Tube vid of our engine dyno running and the Magnuson 426 making some pulls.
So take PICS!!!