Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   problems with Uconnect (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/problems-with-uconnect-57691.html)

Debhal 04-03-2013 12:09 AM

problems with Uconnect

I have several issues unresolved, maybe someone can put me on the right track.
1) I cannot figure out how to program the easy entry/exit fearure of the air suspension. When I try to follow the instructions the option does not appear in the menu.
2) Same issue when trying to pair my key fob with the seat memory.
3) On several occasions the system completely stopped working. I would not be able to use the touch screen and the VR button did not work.
4) Finally, none of the audio streaming apps actually work, all I have is Bing. Nobody at Uconnect could tell me anything about when these advertised features would actually become available

Any thoughts? I contacted customer service through the assiatance button on the mirror but they apparently had no idea and said they would get back to me. It has been almost 1 week.

Other than these irritating issues i absolutely love my overland

Thanks,

john

SnoFire 04-03-2013 05:14 AM

Did you look at the owners manual for UConnect?

PMD G8 04-03-2013 07:19 AM

Re: problems with Uconnect

Well, I know the answer to #4, the audio streaming apps are not available yet. Even then, you have to use your phones cell service and data plan to stream them. So I'm not 100% sure what the difference between the Apps and just streaming TuneIn, Slacker or Pandora over the "Media Bluetooth" would be. Right now I find it pretty easy to just stream over the bluetooth. Also, the bluetooth streaming works a crap load better compared to the system in our old 2011.

Right now the main problem i have with the system is it will not save my settings. Like the actual SETTINGS, horn honk with lock, all doors unlock, liftgate chime....etc. I will tap on the Check box, uncheck something and then 3 seconds later it will automatically put a check back in the box. WTF?

Also, has anyone figured out how to get the ECO/"Fuel Saver Technology" light to show up on the main dash screen?

Debhal 04-03-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoFire (Post 794649)
Did you look at the owners manual for UConnect?

Yes, read cover to cover ( this is the supplement I received in the mail from customer service)

Thx

J

ONU1974 04-03-2013 12:39 PM

exactly which things expire after the "free" period on the GC? Like traffic etc etc...and what are the costs to extend service for each item..I don't know what all you lose after trial period.

bill_de 04-03-2013 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ONU1974 (Post 794915)
exactly which things expire after the "free" period on the GC? Like traffic etc etc...and what are the costs to extend service for each item..I don't know what all you lose after trial period.

The prices will be whatever they are a year from now. The User's Guide should let you know what expires.

PMD G8 04-03-2013 01:18 PM

xm radio and XM traffic/weather are seperate from the uconnect services. You get a free years worth of service for both of those. Pricing is available on the XM website,

The Uconnect services are also free for a year, they consist of 911/assist(roadside assistance) and remote access features(see, remote lock/unlock remote start from your smart phone) These services work through the onboard sprint 3g connection. It's basically like onstar except it uses cell service instead of satellite service. Wifi hotspot is optional for an additional fee.

At this time the pricing to extend the uconnect services has not been released.

wrh1972 04-13-2013 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Debhal (Post 794576)
I have several issues unresolved, maybe someone can put me on the right track.
1) I cannot figure out how to program the easy entry/exit fearure of the air suspension. When I try to follow the instructions the option does not appear in the menu.

Hi, did you ever solve this question around entry/exit height through Uconnect settings. The manual says it's there but I couldn't find it either.

wrh1972 04-14-2013 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PMD G8 (Post 794690)
Also, has anyone figured out how to get the ECO/"Fuel Saver Technology" light to show up on the main dash screen?

Actually I'm having this issue too. What does Fuel Saver in the EVIC do anyway?

mfa81 04-14-2013 09:30 AM

The only problem I have is the settings getting back to previous checkbox after about 3 secs as well! How do we do software upgrades? is that done over 3g or through usb stick? couldn't find anything on the manual

the easy/entry set is disabled by default, you have to enable in the uconnect settings, if you actually can do that. same for the key fob sync. Haven't tried that, but wouldn't be surprised if the setting just comes back to disabled after a couple of seconds.

Another thing is, does it actually have internal memory so we can copy music to it? or the internal GBs of memory are used just for the system itself?

EDIT:

found it, but no updates at this time!

https://rsur.extra.chrysler.com/rsur/Uconnect.do

EDIT2:

I believe I found the problem with the 3 secs settings rollback. It will work for me if the start is on the run position, engine off. Before I believe I was trying on ACC. So try the on/run position and change the settings to see if they are gonna stay set.

mfa81 04-15-2013 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrh1972 (Post 803032)

Hi, did you ever solve this question around entry/exit height through Uconnect settings. The manual says it's there but I couldn't find it either.

same for me! option is not there! anyone found it? I have the transport, tire change and one more but not the easy entry/exit :-(

Debhal 04-15-2013 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrh1972 (Post 803032)

nope, coundn't find anything about this in Uconnect but as I thought about it later I realized the system would not be able to distinguish the difference between me coming to a stop at a light and parking etc so I dont think the feature is actually available.

Not I am having other issues as i am now starting to use the navigation. I simply cannot get the VR to recognize anything i say and it completely shuts down just about everytime i use it.