Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f200/)
-   -   Replacement Tweeter Options & No Radio (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f200/replacement-tweeter-options-and-no-radio-57768.html)

StevenCavanagh 04-04-2013 06:15 AM

Replacement Tweeter Options & No Radio

Hi,

I have a 2000 WJ and the drivers tweeter has clearly gone. Now I can source a rubbish infinity one for an over the top price from a scrapyard, which will almost certainly fail or perform an upgrade (preferred option).

I've been checking out google for options but most appear to be US based.

So, has anyone managed to replace these easily with an improved speaker?

Also, it appears that the radio no longer works and believe one of the causes could be the connector part way down the aerial lead. Based on this I stripped the car to bits but was unable to locate the cable (disappeared up near the drivers side pillar). Tried following the US based pics but the cable clearly doesn't go the same route.

Steve

Carlos Brown 04-04-2013 10:53 AM

Re: Replacement Tweeter Options & No Radio

Steve,

I ordered and installed the units listed below several months ago. The installation is very simple and the sound quality is every bit as good as stock, if not better. Not likely to be the best option if you are looking to rattle your windows, however...

Regards,

Carlos

Grand Cherokee dash tweeter speakers heater fix blend door repair

StevenCavanagh 04-04-2013 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlos Brown (Post 795649)
Steve,

I ordered and installed the units listed below several months ago. The installation is very simple and the sound quality is every bit as good as stock, if not better. Not likely to be the best option if you are looking to rattle your windows, however...

Regards,

Carlos

Grand Cherokee dash tweeter speakers heater fix blend door repair

Cheers for that. Unfortunately, they're out of stock at the moment. Will give them a shout.

StevenCavanagh 04-04-2013 12:04 PM

They'll be back in stock in 30 days - problem solved!

Just the lack of radio to sort out now. Found aerial connector (in drivers pillar) but seems ok, so time to look elsewhere.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

4.7lineburg 05-27-2013 10:39 PM

I installed a pair of 3.5 Pyle two ways. Sound great. More speaker the stock so just need to turn down the treble a tiny bit, but so much better then stock.

I also installed jbl 6x9 in both front and rear doors. Really sounds great for cheap. Those 6 speakers with all stock amp and head unit is a great sound. I'm trying to change head units but turning out to be a pain in the ass, cause I didn't research, thought was a double din stock, and could just install a double din aftermarket, but of course it's not and Turing into a pain. But anyway to ur question, those pyles I got for like 30 bucks and sound great, for like $160 u can grab 2 pairs of JL 6x9 Half-pricecaraudio.com. Seriously won't even need subs,sounds that good.