Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Engine Performance/Intakes/Exhausts (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f108/)
-   -   Grand Cherokee custom tune (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f108/grand-cherokee-custom-tune-57786.html)

trelos78 04-04-2013 01:47 PM

Grand Cherokee custom tune

Hey all, I have been running a custom tune created by my local CMR tuner in NYC. Great improvement from the DS 93 tune. I still feel though that he left a lot on the table. He spent a lot of time on timing and didn't change RPM shift points etc. Does anyone know if someone like Johan let's say can review the tune and of course get paid for it if he improves it? How can I reach out to him?

dizz1979 04-04-2013 03:03 PM

Re: Grand Cherokee custom tune

Quote:

Originally Posted by trelos78 (Post 795797)
Hey all, I have been running a custom tune created by my local CMR tuner in NYC. Great improvement from the DS 93 tune. I still feel though that he left a lot on the table. He spent a lot of time on timing and didn't change RPM shift points etc. Does anyone know if someone like Johan let's say can review the tune and of course get paid for it if he improves it? How can I reach out to him?

Sean at hemifevertuning.com adjusted shift points with my tune. What an amazing difference!

SMG1 04-04-2013 06:06 PM

johan@diablosport.com

trelos78 04-04-2013 07:36 PM

Dizz.... Did he mess around with timing or just shift points?

DirtyDuc83 04-04-2013 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trelos78 (Post 796055)

Im not dizz but I am running the 89 hemifever tune. The shift points in terms of downshifts while on the throttle are much improved and happen at at a lower rpm. The shifts are also smoother and you do not have to deal with the unpredictable 2 gear downshift experienced with the stock tune.

dizz1979 04-05-2013 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trelos78 (Post 796055)

Both...more hp, crisper shifts, instant downshifts and higher rpm shift during WOT to take full advantage of the Hemi's power. I also ran the 93 tune(I got both 89 and 93 from Sean) and did not see any noticeable difference between the two. It just flat out drives better in all aspects and now you can tell there is a Hemi in there.

13ovsummit 04-05-2013 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dizz1979 (Post 796368)
Both...more hp, crisper shifts, instant downshifts and higher rpm shift during WOT to take full advantage of the Hemi's power. I also ran the 93 tune(I got both 89 and 93 from Sean) and did not see any noticeable difference between the two. It just flat out drives better in all aspects and now you can tell there is a Hemi in there.

Sounds really good!! Just waiting for Sean to tackle 2013 MY hemi's ...

Rob