Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   2014 Grand Cherokee front doors emblems (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/2014-grand-cherokee-front-doors-emblems-57823.html)

jaxkxx 04-05-2013 09:17 AM

2014 Grand Cherokee front doors emblems

Not a big fan if them. They are bigger then srt8 ones. Mine are coming off today for cleaner look. Anybody else dont like them?

glock17 04-05-2013 09:22 AM

Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee front doors emblems

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaxkxx (Post 796430)
Not a big fan if them. They are bigger then srt8 ones. Mine are coming off today for cleaner look. Anybody else dont like them?

I removed the front Jeep Logo and thinking about the sides as well - I am all for branding / marketing but Jeep takes it to far with their branding and badges on these cars. GM does the same -

moosehead 04-05-2013 09:30 AM

The 14's also increased the size of the rear tailgate badge.

GCNY13 04-05-2013 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaxkxx (Post 796430)

I just purchased a set was planning on installing them today. I already removed my thick chrome molding strips so currently have nothing there, I feel it looks a little too bare empty but still much cleaner than those molding strips. $50 for the 2014 pair beats $50 per side for the Srt8 ones, I just couldnt justify spending that much on a single emblem. Ill report back after I get them on today, how far from the front of the door did you start the emblem?

byl9 04-05-2013 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glock17 (Post 796433)
I removed the front Jeep Logo and thinking about the sides as well - I am all for branding / marketing but Jeep takes it to far with their branding and badges on these cars. GM does the same -

Can you please post a pic of the front without the badge? How did you remove it?? I'm assuming its just double sided 3M tape holding it on, so a hair drier & some dental floss will do the trick??

BobsWK2 04-05-2013 07:35 PM

Not a pet peeve of mine so I don't even notice nameplates, badges, etc.

However, an off center steering wheel, that still bugs me even after 2 trips to the dealer where they did an alignment and a stop at an independent shop for an alignment, and its still off center. Looks like I have to wait for a pro from Hunter to come out and do the alignment. Ridiculous

berk483 04-05-2013 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by byl9 (Post 796826)
Can you please post a pic of the front without the badge? How did you remove it?? I'm assuming its just double sided 3M tape holding it on, so a hair drier & some dental floss will do the trick??

Yes it is just double sided tape on the letters.

Aiyer 04-05-2013 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobsWK2 (Post 796840)
Not a pet peeve of mine so I don't even notice nameplates, badges, etc.

However, an off center steering wheel, that still bugs me even after 2 trips to the dealer where they did an alignment and a stop at an independent shop for an alignment, and its still off center. Looks like I have to wait for a pro from Hunter to come out and do the alignment. Ridiculous

I had the same issue with my previous Jeep GC and every time I took it to the dealer, they did something but never fixed it right. In the end, the front tires wore out on the outside edge much quicker (10k miles IIRC). I took it to Firestone and they were able to fix the alignment issue and showed me how off the alignment was in their print out. This was many many years ago.

What I am trying to say is.... try a tire alignment place instead of the dealer. The tire shops are much qualified to fix the alignment issue than the dealer (unless they have all the proper equipment and trained staff).

Cheers,
-A

BobsWK2 04-06-2013 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aiyer (Post 797016)
I had the same issue with my previous Jeep GC and every time I took it to the dealer, they did something but never fixed it right. In the end, the front tires wore out on the outside edge much quicker (10k miles IIRC). I took it to Firestone and they were able to fix the alignment issue and showed me how off the alignment was in their print out. This was many many years ago.

What I am trying to say is.... try a tire alignment place instead of the dealer. The tire shops are much qualified to fix the alignment issue than the dealer (unless they have all the proper equipment and trained staff).

Cheers,
-A

Thanks. The last place I took it to was a local tire shop chain (Big Brand Tire) who had the latest Hunter Hawkeye Alignment system installed this past January and even after the tech spent an hour checking and adjusting the alignment, the wheel is still off center to the right a bit. I'm waiting to hear when the Hunter rep who knows how to do a proper alignment on the WK2 will be at the local Big Brand Tire. He has a 3 hour ride to get here, so I don't think he comes out this way very often. After I got home after having the alignment done, I called the tech to advise him the wheel is still off center and he suggested rotating the front tires side to side since he's seen new tires with tire manufacturing defects cause problems but it made no difference.