Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Three years from now ... (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/three-years-from-now-57846.html)

bill_de 04-05-2013 05:43 PM

Three years from now ...

... the 16's will probably have been out for six months. We'll all be able to walk on a lot, pick out a new Jeep, get great deals and rebates, and take it home the same day. :D

Then again, this could be the first vehicle in a number of years I will like enough to keep a little longer. Maybe even long enough to buy an extended warranty.

I guess I have a little time to think about it.

loveracing1988 04-05-2013 05:45 PM

Re: Three years from now ...

When you sell yours, I call the headlights.

Temerarius 04-05-2013 05:50 PM

In a little over a year, I get married.

I've been told this is the last car I get complete and total say in.

As such, I've been told to make this one hell of a ride, because I'm stuck with it for 8-10 years...

bill_de 04-05-2013 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Temerarius (Post 796781)

As such, I've been told to make this one hell of a ride, because I'm stuck with it for 8-10 years...

With any luck you'll need a third row seat before that. :lol:

---

FAUEE 04-05-2013 06:40 PM

The actual full refresh is probably going to be very cool stuff. I'm expecting meaningful fuel economy increases due to drastically reduced weight, likely due to use of aluminum and possible carbon fiber.

I wouldn't be surprised to see '16 V8 4x4s rated for 25 highway. Maybe more. Assuming there's even a V8 still, and they haven't switched to a higher powered turbo v6, in which case I wouldn't be surprised to see it even closer to 30 mpg.

The two biggest issues with the Jeep's fuel economy are size and weight. Switching to a V6 only powertrain means the can shrink the engine bay, and possibly make it so the front end isn't so tall reducing drag. Coupled with a smaller displacement engine, you could see some impressive fuel economy numbers.

BadAssAltitude 04-05-2013 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Temerarius (Post 796781)

You poor bastard.... (Me too :( i bought a 2012 altitude because of a similar situation...)

BadAssAltitude 04-05-2013 08:00 PM

I plan on jeeping mine until it dies, i hope to clock a minimum of 200k before i get a othe vehicle....

Scottina06 04-05-2013 08:06 PM

Did u guys marry control freaks? My wife has never told me what, when or where to buy a car!

ants818 04-05-2013 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 796867)
Did u guys marry control freaks? My wife has never told me what, when or where to buy a car!

Ditto on that! Just like i never tell her what shoes, clothes and purses to buy. Not to mention the rest of the stuff she comes home with.

cherrybomb05 04-05-2013 08:38 PM

Neither does my wife, she just approves of it. If I brought home a 50k rig I would be in the dog house. I don't choose what she drives she doesn't choose what I drive. Why should we choose? Should I choose what she eats, too?

Jim_in_PA 04-05-2013 08:52 PM

Yea, that's about the time frame when I'll start considering the next ride. Maybe. If I can afford it. Two teens, you know... :o

ChrisOC 04-05-2013 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherrybomb05 (Post 796898)
Should I choose what she eats, too?

Yes!!

But back to the op, I hope the 16 is all those things and more.