Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Tech Tips/DIY/How To (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f156/)
-   -   New ARB Compressor Install WK2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f156/new-arb-compressor-install-wk2-57867.html)

nigelh 04-06-2013 03:31 AM

New ARB Compressor Install WK2

4 Attachment(s)
My 60th birthday present, ARB Built in Air Compressor.

Just installed, no plates or drilling, fitted on bracket in front of fuse box.

Perfect fit, two bolts and one extra screw and nut to steady the plate
as it was floating.

Now all I have to do is install my other present, a GME CB Radio..

husker_fan 04-09-2013 01:32 PM

That's looks pretty sweet. I'm assuming its safe to say there isn't a way to tie into the built in compressor for the quadra-lift?

2012 Summit 04-09-2013 02:54 PM

Re: New ARB Compressor Install WK2

Quote:

Originally Posted by husker_fan (Post 799663)
That's looks pretty sweet. I'm assuming its safe to say there isn't a way to tie into the built in compressor for the quadra-lift?

Yes it's safe to say... The QL compressor uses no air. It is a closed system

Alaska-HWY JK 04-09-2013 03:45 PM

Did you get an inflater kit with it, I'm not seeing a quick coupler. I have an ARB compressor on my JK for the air lockers.

nigelh 04-09-2013 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alaska-HWY JK (Post 799769)
Did you get an inflater kit with it, I'm not seeing a quick coupler. I have an ARB compressor on my JK for the air lockers.

Yes, that's what I got it for, connector is at the center bottom of first pic.

Std air connector, can run air tools as well.

True Blue, Saddle Trim
Hemi 5.7 V8
Tow Pack
=====================
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Alaska-HWY JK 04-09-2013 05:17 PM

They don't make enough volume for air tools. It'll inflate the 37s on my JK from 8-30psi in about 3 minutes each. Use gloves to disconnect as that coupler is hot after use.

nigelh 04-10-2013 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alaska-HWY JK (Post 799854)
They don't make enough volume for air tools. It'll inflate the 37s on my JK from 8-30psi in about 3 minutes each. Use gloves to disconnect as that coupler is hot after use.

I have a portable tank that I attach and fill, then the tools work ok.

True Blue, Saddle Trim
Hemi 5.7 V8
Tow Pack
=====================

hoffy97 04-12-2013 07:36 PM

Wow, nice install. I was literally planning on pulling the WK2 apart this weekend to mount my ARB and various other stuff. I test fit it in your spot tonight and should work well. Thanks for the tip!

I saw what you mean about the plate flexing. Where did you put the additional bolt to brace it in place?

kc92886 05-08-2013 02:14 PM

Yes. I need this. I'm so tired of waiting to go from 18 psi to 37 psi with my crappy cigarette lighter compressor. Takes about 8-9 minutes per tire.

hoffy97 05-08-2013 07:27 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I did this a while ago, but never posted pics. I attached pics. Worked out pretty well.

It helps to take the mounting legs off of the blue wrapper and mount that first. You also want to re-orient the compressor in the blue sleeve so it all fits properly.

I did the same thing the original poster did with the additional nut & bolt that helps brace the plate. I put red circles around it on my pics to make it a bit clearer.

I ran the wire through the main power grommet behind the glove box. I haven't done the switch yet, as I'm wiring a bunch of other stuff as well, and gonna do all the dash work in one shot.

nigelh 05-09-2013 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoffy97 (Post 819849)
I did this a while ago, but never posted pics. I attached pics. Worked out pretty well.

It helps to take the mounting legs off of the blue wrapper and mount that first. You also want to re-orient the compressor in the blue sleeve so it all fits properly.

I did the same thing the original poster did with the additional nut & bolt that helps brace the plate. I put red circles around it on my pics to make it a bit clearer.

I ran the wire through the main power grommet behind the glove box. I haven't done the switch yet, as I'm wiring a bunch of other stuff as well, and gonna do all the dash work in one shot.

I put my switch just beside the compressor on the plastic lip, a small rectangle rocker, you have got to open the bonnet to use the compressor anyway, and all is close to the power sources.

True Blue, Saddle Trim
Hemi 5.7 V8
Tow Pack
=====================

Chris's 05-16-2013 06:50 AM

Hi

I wanted to fit this to my diesel, but I think it looks a bit different. Would someone pls be able to post a pic of a Hemi engine bay, but without a compressor fitted?

Thanks a lot
Chris