Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Lowest Odometer Reading upon receipt of Vehicle (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/lowest-odometer-reading-upon-receipt-of-vehicle-58006.html)

adthebadstud 04-08-2013 03:50 PM

Lowest Odometer Reading upon receipt of Vehicle

Just curious, what is the minimum amount of miles that some of your baby's were driven at the plant or otherwise before you got them? I know some of you were selected for the "Rigorous Quality Control" and had a bunch of miles. If this has already been covered I apologize, I'm just wondering for fun!

Do any actually arrive with 0 miles? I have no idea how it works.

Specx 04-08-2013 04:39 PM

Re: Lowest Odometer Reading upon receipt of Vehicle

When I took delivery, it had 10 miles on it. According to my salesmen, he said he just drove it from the holding lot to the dealer inspection area which is less than a mile away. He did claim too this was the first Hemi and Overland they got in, so I wouldn't be surprised if they took it for a spin to get a feel for the new engine/tranny.

bill_de 04-08-2013 05:09 PM

GoldenBear03 04-08-2013 05:22 PM

9 on mine three weeks ago. Now, just shy of 4,000.

BobsWK2 04-08-2013 05:43 PM

The lowest miles I ever received on any new vehicle was 0.8 miles on a 1998 Honda Accord Coupe EX V6.

Now as for the highest, its my current 2014 GC Summit which had 35 miles on it when I took delivery. 29.5 miles was from the inspectors (and I use that term loosely) at JNAP doing their Quality Assurance Test who are obviously blind and missed a few simple obvious quality control issues with my vehicle.

ColdCase 04-08-2013 06:16 PM

Back when rail cars were in short supply and Jeep drove WK2s off the assembly line to one storage parking lot staging area to another to the New Boston rail car loading area south of Detroit, they would often show up at the dealer with 60 or 70 miles on them. Mine had 55. I've read typically they'll have about 2 miles if it goes directly from the assembly line to train to car carrier to dealer.... and the dealer doesn't do much inspecting. If the dealer reset the odometer, it may have 0 miles, but I don't think they typically do that.

bill_de 04-08-2013 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColdCase (Post 798972)
Back when rail cars were in short supply and Jeep drove WK2s off the assembly line to one storage parking lot staging area to another to the New Boston rail car loading area south of Detroit, they would often show up at the dealer with 60 or 70 miles on them. Mine had 55. I've read typically they'll have about 2 miles if it goes directly from the assembly line to train to car carrier to dealer.... and the dealer doesn't do much inspecting. If the dealer reset the odometer, it may have 0 miles, but I don't think they typically do that.

That's good, because typically that would be illegal. :)

jp467 04-08-2013 06:25 PM

Mine had 3 miles on it.

Srt8_hmi 04-08-2013 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_de (Post 798976)
That's good, because typically that would be illegal. :)

How so Bueller?? Lol

bill_de 04-08-2013 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Srt8_hmi (Post 798986)
How so Bueller?? Lol

The simple answer ... fraud.

The longer version ... :lol:

Odometer fraud | Ask.com Encyclopedia

Scottina06 04-08-2013 06:54 PM

mine had 4 when rolled off the truck

padgett 04-08-2013 07:00 PM

Mine had 6 miles when I first saw it and 15 when I drove it home.