Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/)
-   -   The First 300 Miles with my 2014 SRT GC: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/the-first-300-miles-with-my-2014-srt-gc-the-good-the-bad-and-the-ugly-58039.html)

Jbd2016 04-08-2013 09:53 PM

The First 300 Miles with my 2014 SRT GC: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

I picked up my SRT last Friday afternoon and over the weekend I had the pleasure of putting my first 294 miles on it (it had 6 miles on it when it came off of the truck). Overall I have had a great experience with one major exception which was completely my fault (see the Ugly).

The Good
Just about everything. I am waiting until 500 miles before I truly test my Jeep but I am thoroughly impressed with the way this beast drives. The 8 speed is amazing and I have never had so much fun in the passing lane. The interior is incredibly impressive and the fit and finish seems top notch (full disclosure I have never spent more than $20,000 on a vehicle prior to this purchase so I may just be easily impressed). I originally wanted Billet silver but I am glad that I ended up with Granite. The Granite combined with the black grill gives the SRT a really menacing look in person. The Coffee and Cars crowd was equally impressed. I even had a few BMW owners who said that they were considering a trade in after seeing my Jeep.

The voice recognition system is easy to use and I have used it to play songs by artist and track, although I canít seem to get album to work. I really like the ability to set the temperature by voice and I canít wait to learn the other voice commands. Prior to owning the Jeep I primarily used Spotify on my iphone as my music source while driving. Using Spotify via Bluetooth couldnít be easier and I was happy to learn that I could use the steering wheel controls to change tracks within Spotify.

The Bad
I am usually pretty good about figuring out electronics by playing around with them but this machine will require me to spend some time with the manuals to figure it out (not really a bad but if you donít like technology this is not the vehicle for you). For the first day the Jeep didnít seem to recognize the sd card after restarting the vehicle unless I ejected the card and re-inserted the card. It seems like the Jeep has gotten better about recognizing the card at startup but I canít tell if something has changed or I have just started using the system correctly. It is hard to find much to complain about and I think that the bads will fade as I get more familiar with the Jeep.

The Ugly
There are so many bells and whistles in the cabin that it can be distracting. I learned this the hard way while entering the freeway a little more than 24 hours of picking up my Jeep. I somehow missed the fact that there was a curb and thus my Jeep obtained its first battle scar in the form of a curb rash on the front driverís side rim. I stopped by a wheel repair place today and was told that I would be lucky to find anyone who could repair the scratches and match the Black Vapor Chrome finish. The wheel repair shop even said that I could be better off getting a new rim (which they didnít even carry). I know that it is silly to spend so much money on a vehicle and not have it be perfect, but at $1,300 a rim I am going to see how long I can live with the only blemish on my otherwise perfect vehicle.

I know that I didnít go into many details so if anyone has specific questions I will try to answer them here. Overall I couldnít be happier with my decision in purchasing a 2014 SRT GC and I look forward to enjoying it for many years to come. :thumbsup:

GalidiinaeSRT 04-08-2013 10:32 PM

Re: The First 300 Miles with my 2014 SRT GC: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Good review. Sorry about the wheel damage. $hit happens and it's just a car. Battle scars will happen eventually.

CLStech 04-08-2013 11:36 PM

would you mind posting a few more pics of your rig. The color and wheel combo is something i'm looking into.

Jbd2016 04-09-2013 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CLSmallwood (Post 799236)
would you mind posting a few more pics of your rig. The color and wheel combo is something i'm looking into.

I will try to get more pics up this evening. Is there any particular angle that you are for?

EviL 04-09-2013 06:32 AM

congrats on the awesome vehicle
sorry about the rash, but im guessing there should be a rim smith somewhere where ur located to work out some magic :)

thanks for the review

CLStech 04-09-2013 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jbd2016 (Post 799337)
I will try to get more pics up this evening. Is there any particular angle that you are for?

Tail, side, and looking at entire vehicle from an angle from the front corner, just trying to nail down the color... the contrast of the grille is important as well.

Do you think it looks brownish?

BOYCHIKS 04-09-2013 01:09 PM

Good review, I thought the same when playing with the nav on my friends GC. Was trying to get my seat warmer on and took me a minute lol

Congrats on being one of the first to receive!

soontobesrt 04-09-2013 06:19 PM

Congrats on your delivery. Glad to hear the 8-speed is a dream. Haven't heard anyone with a gripe about it yet.

Jbd2016 04-09-2013 06:49 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by CLSmallwood (Post 799479)

Tail, side, and looking at entire vehicle from an angle from the front corner, just trying to nail down the color... the contrast of the grille is important as well.

Do you think it looks brownish?

I think that it looks more like a charcoal but at times it an look brownish. I looked at a 2013 charger in granite before ordering and the color is identical.

It is kind of dirty with pollen so it may have more a brownish hue than normal. The last pic is up close so you can see the flake. I am going to clean it up this weekend and upload some proper photos.

WKYeti 04-09-2013 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jbd2016 (Post 799337)

How about an up-skirt? Haha

ehaser1 04-09-2013 10:38 PM

Love it. I had ordered the black but I'm most likely going to pass

GenevaSRT8 04-10-2013 04:32 AM

Thanks for taking the time to post your review and the pics!
Sorry about the damage on your wheel...