Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/)
-   -   Looking for dealer recommendations for SRT purchase in MA (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/looking-for-dealer-recommendations-for-srt-purchase-in-ma-58068.html)

SammyinMA 04-09-2013 10:10 AM

Looking for dealer recommendations for SRT purchase in MA

Hey folks,

As you can see, this is one of my first posts, so forgive me if this is in the wrong place. I realize I can post this in the regional forum, but since my focus is an SRT, I thought I might have better luck here. I just recently started doing some research on the 2014 JGC SRT, and came across this site the week before last. After spending days (literally) trying to get caught up on the (then) 800 page 2014 JGC "Updates & Changes" thread, I felt I was finally ready to register and stop lurking.

To that end, let me say that I have tracked several Mustang, Shelby, and Corvette forums in the past, but this seems to be the most informed, cooperative, and polite group I have come across. Now that I have buttered y'all up, let me get to my inquiry. :D

Having poured over the wealth of information provided here, I have decided to look into getting a 2014 JGC SRT. However, I am in no hurry, so am considering waiting to order until later in the year for the rear-seat BluRay player (which I believe can be ordered in June for July production) and possibly a special edition (along the lines of the 2013 Alpine offering). I donít see myself waiting long enough for the possible Hellcat 6.2SC for 2015 or beyond.

Therefore, I was wondering if anyone who has had a positive purchasing experience can recommend a dealer with whom to work in the New England area. Most of my experience has been dealing with good/bad Ford dealers.

Thank you in advance for any advise y'all can provide and thank you for the excellent resource here! I look forward to when I can contribute.

Mike

QuickOne 04-09-2013 01:59 PM

Re: Looking for dealer recommendations for SRT purchase in MA

Hello Mike,
We have a couple supporting vendors here on our site that can help with your purchase. One is Central Jeep in Norwood.
I have referrered 2 SRT Jeep owners to Planet Jeep in Franklin. Mike Connelly is the SM and he agrees to the 2% below invoice price that the Tread Lightly program has.
This was for the 2012's when they first came out, so I think he will still accept the same terms as that price is still profitable for the dealers.
Let me know if you want me to connect you.
Good luck and I am anxious to see your Shelby at the meet in May.
QuickOne

SammyinMA 04-09-2013 03:20 PM

QuickOne,

Thank you very much for the info! Planet Jeep in Franklin is right around the corner from me, and one of the dealerships I was targeting, so that sounds perfect. I figure I could just swing by one of these weekends to talk with Mike Connelly, unless you think a prior link-up is preferred.

BTW, akimball originally asked I bring the Shelby, but once I figured out how to update my garage with pics of the Vette, he changed his request to that. I agreed, as it is a bit more unique. I hope that is okay. I guess I could always bring the Shelby to the next gathering, assuming I don't have a Jeep by then.

Mike

QuickOne 04-09-2013 03:37 PM

I live in Franklin. You a Franklinite?
Mike Connolly will be able to help. Just make sure you mention the tread lightly and the 100% satisfaction survey.

SammyinMA 04-09-2013 03:45 PM

I am not a Franklinite (although some of my friends are), but I am a Milfordian (?), so right up the road.

So, when talking to him, I just mention these 2 things (Tread Lightly Program and 100% Satisfaction Survey) when negotiating the price?

Mike

QuickOne 04-10-2013 07:12 AM

^Yup. And my name. Brian Quick..>That will get you the biggest discount! LOL.

Chris02stNg 04-10-2013 08:12 PM

Hey Mike, let me know how you make out with that dealer in Franklin, I'm also getting close to pulling the trigger on an Srt, but have yet to find a dealer that will even entertain the thought of 2% off invoice. That said, I haven't contacted this dealer, and only a few at that. I'm just a few towns over from Franklin myself. If I find anything out before you, I'll let you know as well. Thanks!

Chris

ZZVitas 04-10-2013 09:13 PM

Hey Mike,
I am in Boston and currently have a 2012 5.7 Overland. I have been in conversations with Shah from 495 Jeep about a purchase of the 2014 SRT. Myself, brother and several friends have all bought Jeeps from 495 Jeep in Lowell. Speak to Shah, he's the owners son. They have alway beat any price and have taken good care of us.

Just a thought, if we have three guys in the Boston area looking to buy the 2014 SRT, do you think there could be a greater discount if we all bought from the same dealership??

Just a thought.
Best,
Zach

QuickOne 04-11-2013 01:58 PM

I just checked with Planet. They are willing and able to offer that deal.

Chris02stNg 04-11-2013 05:58 PM

Great thanks! Do you happen to know if we need to be members of Tread Lightly or not? I am not currently, but I'll be happy to sign up if need be. Thanks again for checking into this!
Chris

QuickOne 04-11-2013 07:39 PM

nah... its just a reference point i think. they dont ask for proof, but if they do, its easy to do and its a good cause. Plus you'll be driving an SRT in meer months, so everything else is trivial. They are good guys there. Just to be clear, I am not associated with the dealership at all.

SammyinMA 04-11-2013 08:05 PM

Brian,

Thanks so much for confirming that with Mike at Planet Jeep. I hadn't made contact yet, but was planning to do so this weekend; this should make it smoother. I have been waiting for them to sweep the streets around here, prior to putting the Shelby back on the road, and I figured it would demonstrate my seriousness of buying better with that, rather than pulling up in the Honda (not that the Honda isn't a great, reliable car).:D

Chris,

I'll keep folks here posted on how it goes, but like I said, I am not in a hurry to order, just wanted to see if I could sit down to discuss a deal because I am still waiting a few months to see if they do a special edition this year. Thought I saw on here if they do it, it would be towards the end of the calendar year, similar to the 2013 vapor/alpine release.

Zach,

Thanks also for the info. It is always good to have another option.

Mike