Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Length of time from JNAP to dealer (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/length-of-time-from-jnap-to-dealer-58108.html)

bsmin106 04-09-2013 09:11 PM

Length of time from JNAP to dealer

First time poster here. I ordered a 2014 Overland V6 on 2/9 with an estimated ship date of 4/2. I called the dealer yesterday and he said production is experiencing "delays". Current status is "G" status, aka "Trim Production". First question, what does G status mean and second, is anyone else experiencing delays?

I understand I'm being a bit impatient but when a shipping date is given I have a certain expectation for delivery. But from what I'm reading it looks like its going to be worth the wait!

Scottina06 04-09-2013 09:14 PM

Re: Length of time from JNAP to dealer

those are ONLY estsimated dates...dont take them as gospel

bsmin106 04-09-2013 09:18 PM

I realize that. But for people who've received their 2014 Overland's, how long would you say it took from the time you ordered to delivery?

SnoFire 04-09-2013 09:51 PM

Anywhere from 4-8 weeks it seems, closer to 6. This all depends on where you live as well and if you get stuck in inspection

Srt8_hmi 04-09-2013 10:16 PM

3 days if you get lucky. Suppose I was lucky!

Marlon_JB2 04-10-2013 04:15 AM

"G" means that it was built today.

Unless it gets stuck in "Built-Pending Inspection (I)" for a few days... you should have it soon. ;)

bill_de 04-10-2013 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsmin106 (Post 800067)
I realize that. But for people who've received their 2014 Overland's, how long would you say it took from the time you ordered to delivery?

Seven weeks.

---

AbleRiot 04-10-2013 07:53 AM

i think we need a thread of JNAP to Dealer poll so we get an idea of ordering-delivery times for those who would order. Would it be plausible to say (marlon or chevy can chime in) that the wait time should(?) decrease later on in the year?

SnoFire 04-10-2013 07:59 AM

They aren't going to tell you anything different than what everyone else is saying. Typical order to delivery is going to be 4-8 weeks..

ViperGTS 04-10-2013 08:06 AM

One option is to become a supporting member and you can see how long it's been taking for others to reach IL and track yours at the same time.

AbleRiot 04-10-2013 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoFire (Post 800317)
Typical order to delivery is going to be 4-8 weeks..

Fair enough - and this is why I'll be sure to order with the DC Group Buy around Labor Day weekend to take delivery before my current lease ends on December 6th-wouldn't want to be without a car or have to rent - then take the road trip down to VA. Fun Times! :thumbsup:

bill_de 04-10-2013 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AbleRiot (Post 800312)
i think we need a thread of JNAP to Dealer poll so we get an idea of ordering-delivery times for those who would order. Would it be plausible to say (marlon or chevy can chime in) that the wait time should(?) decrease later on in the year?

Adding to what Viper said:

If you become a level three member, or higher, you can see for yourself in the customer tracking thread. No need for a poll when the info is already there, IMHO.

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum