Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/)
-   -   2014 Jeep GC SRT Wheel Locks (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/2014-jeep-gc-srt-wheel-locks-58132.html)

Jbd2016 04-10-2013 08:59 AM

2014 Jeep GC SRT Wheel Locks
 
4 Attachment(s)
I ordered a set of Gorilla locks model 71643NBC for my new Jeep based on some recommendations that I read in this forum. That model of locks will not fit the 2014 Black Vapor Chrome wheels. I believe that the correct model of locks is 96643BC (for black lugs). I know some others were looking for locks so I thought that this info might help. I have attached photos of the stock lug for those who are looking for locks made by someone other than Gorilla.

Nighthawk45 04-10-2013 07:27 PM

Re: 2014 Jeep GC SRT Wheel Locks
 
The Mopar wheel locks are nice if you have not looked at those yet. They have the anti-spin ring on the wheel lock. That ring makes it very difficult to get those wheel locks off using the impact method some of the wheel thief's use.

cyanideg 04-10-2013 09:36 PM

Re: 2014 Jeep GC SRT Wheel Locks
 
will the 2012 mopar wheel locks work on the 2014 black wheels? I saved them hoping they will...

Jbd2016 04-10-2013 10:14 PM

Re: 2014 Jeep GC SRT Wheel Locks
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nighthawk45 (Post 800873)
The Mopar wheel locks are nice if you have not looked at those yet. They have the anti-spin ring on the wheel lock. That ring makes it very difficult to get those wheel locks off using the impact method some of the wheel thief's use.

They look nice but it looks like they only come in chrome. The set I ordered has a wheel lock for each lug. From what I have seen of the impact method would take too much time to remove 20 lugs. I could be wrong though.

Nighthawk45 04-11-2013 08:28 PM

Re: 2014 Jeep GC SRT Wheel Locks
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cyanideg (Post 800988)
will the 2012 mopar wheel locks work on the 2014 black wheels? I saved them hoping they will...


They should, I used them on my 2013 black chrome wheels and they fit perfect.

Nighthawk45 04-11-2013 08:30 PM

Re: 2014 Jeep GC SRT Wheel Locks
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jbd2016 (Post 801033)
They look nice but it looks like they only come in chrome. The set I ordered has a wheel lock for each lug. From what I have seen of the impact method would take too much time to remove 20 lugs. I could be wrong though.


My bad, didn't know you were doing them all. Yes I agree, that would take way to much time and the thief would probably look for something a little easier...:lol:

Srt8_hmi 04-11-2013 08:34 PM

Re: 2014 Jeep GC SRT Wheel Locks
 
I think the slight contrast of the bright nuts on the vapor wheels look good. Didn't your Jeep come installed with Mopar locking lugs? Mine did but maybe my dealer added them at N/C. I would get so much anxiety if my Jeep was left parked where the wheels could be stolen. Lol

Scottina06 04-12-2013 08:27 AM

Re: 2014 Jeep GC SRT Wheel Locks
 
the gorilla 96643bc is what I have on my 13' SRT Jeep and 11' Durango.....not sure who posted the other part #


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:34 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community