Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Wrangler-YJ, TJ & JK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f89/)
-   -   Wranglers are not for tall people! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f89/wranglers-are-not-for-tall-people-58171.html)

LSU_FAN 04-10-2013 05:45 PM

Wranglers are not for tall people!
 
I was seriously considering trading my truck for a Wrangler today until I sat in one, at 6'5 I don't always fit the way I would like in a vehicle but I do normally fit. I was about to test drive a Sahara but when I put the seat back my head was hitting the roll bar, with the seat at it's lowest position and pulled up just so my head wouldn't hit the bar it felt like the steering wheel was in my lap....Someone at Jeep at something against tall people!

TheJeepSter 04-10-2013 09:50 PM

Re: Wranglers are not for tall people!
 
I'm 5 10 so can't say 1st hand, but heres a whole lotta dudes they say differernt
tall guys in a jeep

Bill Miser 04-10-2013 11:14 PM

Re: Wranglers are not for tall people!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by LSU_FAN (Post 800775)
I was seriously considering trading my truck for a Wrangler today until I sat in one, at 6'5 I don't always fit the way I would like in a vehicle but I do normally fit. I was about to test drive a Sahara but when I put the seat back my head was hitting the roll bar, with the seat at it's lowest position and pulled up just so my head wouldn't hit the bar it felt like the steering wheel was in my lap....Someone at Jeep at something against tall people!

I am 6ft 2 and I have all kinds of room. Mine is a 2013, which has the new revised front seats. They are higher verses prior year models. You will find that the 2012's may fit your height better.:thumbsup:
Good Luck

mattie_b 04-11-2013 09:15 AM

Re: Wranglers are not for tall people!
 
6'3 and love mine. Of course, I've got the top off 80% of the time, so head room is usually not an issue. :D

LSU_FAN 04-11-2013 01:02 PM

Re: Wranglers are not for tall people!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Miser (Post 801074)
I am 6ft 2 and I have all kinds of room. Mine is a 2013, which has the new revised front seats. They are higher verses prior year models. You will find that the 2012's may fit your height better.:thumbsup:
Good Luck


I sat in a 2013 and had the same problem. At first the salesman didn't think i had the seat set right so he adjusted it as low as it would go, I got in and my head was hitting the roll bar.

.

PacificNorthWestJeeper 04-12-2013 10:28 PM

Re: Wranglers are not for tall people!
 
A friend of mine is 6-7 240pds and owns a Wrangler.
We cut a notch, about 4-5 inches deep into the wheel well and welded in some plate steel to close the notch, and moved the seat back. The rear driver tire does rub at full compression when wheeling but other than tan works great. He fits well but still kinda looks like a bear in a canoe. He loves wheelin the Jeep but does not use it as a daily driver. May be an option for you...

Bill Miser 04-12-2013 11:38 PM

Re: Wranglers are not for tall people!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by LSU_FAN (Post 801370)
I sat in a 2013 and had the same problem. At first the salesman didn't think i had the seat set right so he adjusted it as low as it would go, I got in and my head was hitting the roll bar.

.

I am not sure that I understand why? I am 6ft 2inch, long wasted and wear a ball cap and my head has all kinds of room. Mine is a JK 2door, I don't know if that makes any difference. Did you try angling the back of the seat to a different position?
The only thing that I don't like about the seat is the headrest. I think that they angle forward to much.:)

Alaska-HWY JK 05-03-2013 09:21 PM

Re: Wranglers are not for tall people!
 
Get some big boy seat brackets ot move the tracks back.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:24 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community