Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/)
-   -   Running boards 2014 Summit (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/running-boards-2014-summit-58253.html)

Ray Ferri 04-12-2013 07:07 AM

Running boards 2014 Summit
 
has anyone seen what the running boards look like on the 2014 Summit...apparently they are different and I can't even order them from Jeep because they do not have a part number yet...but they do show the option on a new order:MOPAR CHROME EDITION GROUP (AEE) [MSRP $995 / INV. $ 886]
Mopar Chrome Tubular Side Steps (MRT)
Mopar Frt & Rr Door Entry Guards (MUA

PMD G8 04-12-2013 07:18 AM

Re: Running boards 2014 Summit
 
Just my opinion, but I see no use in having running boards other than to have somethign to drag you legs across and get your pants dirty. The car has a lowered "park" mode that is plenty low. Even still, my wife is 5'1 and doesn't have a problem getting in at the normal vehicle height.

glock17 04-12-2013 09:35 AM

Re: Running boards 2014 Summit
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Ferri (Post 801920)
has anyone seen what the running boards look like on the 2014 Summit...apparently they are different and I can't even order them from Jeep because they do not have a part number yet...but they do show the option on a new order:MOPAR CHROME EDITION GROUP (AEE) [MSRP $995 / INV. $ 886]
Mopar Chrome Tubular Side Steps (MRT)
Mopar Frt & Rr Door Entry Guards (MUA

There the same parts as the 2011- 2013 overland/summit, already confirmed with the dealer - I am going with the Romik and will order soon - ROMIK - Running Board Side Steps

ONU1974 04-12-2013 11:45 AM

Re: Running boards 2014 Summit
 
My parts dept. says the Mopar running boards fit all 2014 models EXCEPT the Summit! I hope they are wrong. They will try a pair on mine when it arrives.

mzimand 04-12-2013 01:01 PM

Re: Running boards 2014 Summit
 
Has anybody seen the new DeeZee Running Boards on a Grand Cherokee?

Dee Zee - NX Running Boards - 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee DeeZee NX Running Boards

Ahujadaddy 04-12-2013 01:59 PM

Re: Running boards 2014 Summit
 
oh snap! that got my attention ^^

looks interesting, wondering though about the drilling required and seperate brackets u'd have to buy.

glock17 04-12-2013 02:12 PM

Re: Running boards 2014 Summit
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mzimand (Post 802132)
Has anybody seen the new DeeZee Running Boards on a Grand Cherokee?

Dee Zee - NX Running Boards - 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee DeeZee NX Running Boards

Yes - I called them as well - told me they wouldn't fit the summit with the body molding, I would have preffered those over the Romik

ramtek 06-10-2013 01:18 PM

Re: Running boards 2014 Summit
 
Hey Glock,

How did the Romik running boards on the 2014 Summit work out for you? I am ordering a 2014 Summit now but the dealer says they can't provide the running boards so I will go aftermarket.

glock17 06-10-2013 06:09 PM

Re: Running boards 2014 Summit
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ramtek (Post 839041)
Hey Glock,

How did the Romik running boards on the 2014 Summit work out for you? I am ordering a 2014 Summit now but the dealer says they can't provide the running boards so I will go aftermarket.

Decided against them as the brackets were a tad exposed, went with the Ionic CXV Running Boards as another member just had them installed. These are the look I was trying to get and the fit is confirmed by MZ1115 Hoping to get them soon for installation.

ramtek 06-11-2013 08:50 AM

Re: Running boards 2014 Summit
 
Thanks for the info. I will check those out as well. I have lots of time since the dealer couldn't find exactly what were were looking so they need to order one from the factory. Who knew white with black leather would be so uncommon.

Keukasmallie 06-16-2013 07:58 AM

Re: Running boards 2014 Summit
 
Just had a set of Westin boards installed on my 2014 GC Limited. They look great and do the job for us.

jrose_GC14' 06-26-2013 04:14 PM

Re: Running boards 2014 Summit
 
First post to this forum. Just looking around at different running board options for my new 14' Limited. I used to have the Amp Research Power Boards for my Dodge Ram and they were awesome but they don't make an application for the Grand Cherokee. Called them up and they said if enough people request them, then they'll look into it.

here's a link. POWERSTEP

Call em up and let them know we want them too!

Justin


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:39 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community