Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   Travel link on a 8.4A RA3? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/travel-link-on-a-8-4a-ra3-58279.html)

Sleestak 04-12-2013 02:58 PM

Travel link on a 8.4A RA3?

Is it absolutely impossible to get travel link or travel updates on this radio or is it only dedicated to the 8.4AN? Sirius Channel 0 shows the same EIN code twice. I suspect the lower one is supposed to be for Data but they are both identical. Trying to find out how I can update the 8.4A to as close as I can to the 8.4AN.

SnoFire 04-12-2013 03:00 PM

You can't, only on a 8.4N. You can not swap radios either. WK2Jeeps has what the difference is between the 2 radios

willwonka 04-16-2013 04:30 PM

Re: Travel link on a 8.4A RA3?

I get it that you can't swap out the radios; but does anybody know why you can't get the traffic. Is it the XM radio itself that is built into the head unit? Is it the wiring? I'm just trying to digest why they would put in different XM radios? I'm sure cost can't really be the factor, can it? You can't make money on the subscription afterwards if you don't install the right radio.

I know the radios are $400 different (retail); but alot of that is towards the navigation I would think or maybe it is the integration between the navigation and the XM Traffic.

I'm not even really sure why you need XM Traffic. There are plenty of Car NAV systems that doesn't need XM Traffic. My wife's 2012/2013 (can't remember) Honda Odyssey for one. Certainly NAV on your cellphones aren't using XM Traffic.

So, maybe that is my answer. It isn't using XM Traffic and it is just a better NAV system in the AN.

If anybody could shed some light, that would greatly appreciated.

YO-EL 12-19-2013 06:56 PM

I have the 8.4 A with Nav added by the dealer..
Paid Sirius for the Travel Link ($2/mo), but its not in there.
Refreshed signal, went on radio to Apps, but no Travel Link button..

Called dealer, they are checking on it, but I think at this time only the 8.4AN can get Travel Link.

The 8.4A cannot...

Would like someone in the know to confirm this..

My new 2014 CG Limited came with the 8.4A & dealer added the Nav, but my old Overland had the Travel Link & I did find it useful and would like to have it again if possible..

bill_de 12-19-2013 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YO-EL (Post 947984)
I have the 8.4 A with Nav added by the dealer..
Paid Sirius for the Travel Link ($2/mo), but its not in there.
Refreshed signal, went on radio to Apps, but no Travel Link button..

Called dealer, they are checking on it, but I think at this time only the 8.4AN can get Travel Link.

The 8.4A cannot...

Would like someone in the know to confirm this..

My new 2014 CG Limited came with the 8.4A & dealer added the Nav, but my old Overland had the Travel Link & I did find it useful and would like to have it again if possible..

Call Sirius!

---

YO-EL 12-19-2013 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_de (Post 947990)
Call Sirius!

---

They don't know.. took my $$, refreshed signal..
Not in the Apps..

I think only the 8.4AN can get it.

Waiting for Chrysler to confirm..

jacko15 12-19-2013 08:24 PM

From the Uconnect Manual:
"The 8.4AN sets itself apart by offering these unique
features:
• HD Radio
• Navigation Standard
• One-shot destination entry
• 3D content (Select this option and zoom to an appropriate
level. Not all “tall” buildings are in 3D)
• Enhanced Digital Terrain Model (DTM)
• SiriusXM Traffic
• SiriusXM Travel Link"

YO-EL 12-20-2013 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacko15 (Post 948028)
From the Uconnect Manual:
"The 8.4AN sets itself apart by offering these unique
features:
• HD Radio
• Navigation Standard
• One-shot destination entry
• 3D content (Select this option and zoom to an appropriate
level. Not all “tall” buildings are in 3D)
• Enhanced Digital Terrain Model (DTM)
• SiriusXM Traffic
• SiriusXM Travel Link"

I know the 8.4AN has it in its trial package.
Because Travel Link is a "paid subscription" my question is, is the 8.4A even "capable" of having Travel Link??

Or is it programmed out of the 8.4A, and ONLY available on the 8.4AN?

StaticFX 12-20-2013 09:53 AM

YO-EL, thats what Jacko is saying.. the manual states that the 8.4AN offers thes UNIQUE features... meaning only the 8.4AN has them. So, yes, travel link is only for the AN

YO-EL 12-20-2013 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StaticFX (Post 948246)
YO-EL, thats what Jacko is saying.. the manual states that the 8.4AN offers thes UNIQUE features... meaning only the 8.4AN has them. So, yes, travel link is only for the AN

Understand. But I thought that may have referred to the initial offering of the radio when in the car. My question was more for when the Travel Link subscription was purchased would the 8.4A unit accept it.... I guess not until they allow an update...

justice37 12-20-2013 01:52 PM

The answer is NO. The 8.4A and AN have different hardwares, even they look same. There is no way to use TravelLink with 8.4A.