Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Troubleshooting/Problems (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f203/)
-   -   My Jeep is throwing a code and I need some help (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f203/my-jeep-is-throwing-a-code-and-i-need-some-help-5831.html)

Chuck 01-23-2010 02:18 PM

My Jeep is throwing a code and I need some help

Hello everyone, hope all is well. Today my check engine light has come on (2nd time, the 1st time I disconnected the battery and it seemed to wipe it out temporarily), and I did the key trick and I am getting P0122. According to WJ Jeeps, this can be either two things:

1. Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch A Circuit Low Input -Throttle position sensor input below the acceptable voltage range.

Accelerator Position Sensor (APPS) Signal Voltage Too Low- APPS voltage input below the minimum acceptable voltage.

Basically I would usually bring this up with my normal mechanic but he has gotten gravely ill and I rather not bother him with this kind of problem given his situation. Therefore, I need some help from you guys. What can fix this problem? Is there a part that needs to be replaced? Any help is appreciated, thank you.

jeeppro 01-23-2010 02:24 PM

Re: My Jeep is throwing a code and I need some help

throtle body sensor

robpp 01-23-2010 02:47 PM

i would agree with troy

maybe during the ported TB swap ??????????

Chuck 01-23-2010 02:49 PM

Well it happened before the TB Swap and did switch over my old sensors over to the ported TB. By any chance do you guys know how much TPS run? And thanks for the fast response guys :thumbsup:

jeeppro 01-23-2010 02:53 PM

like 40$

Chuck 01-23-2010 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeeppro (Post 137264)
like 40$

Thanks Troy, just to make sure, would this definitely take care of the problem at hand?

jeeppro 01-23-2010 03:49 PM

to be honest i would do that first iam not going to tell you for sure that thats the problem

FlyinRyan 01-24-2010 01:37 AM

Replace tps. Problem solved. I may have a sensor you can use.

Chuck 12-16-2010 01:53 PM

Okay I honestly didn't expect to thread dig this one. But I ended up replacing the TPS with a new OEM from moparpartsamerica. Worked excellent for a number of months but now I have the code again :mad:. Is it the sensor again? Or is there a possibility that it can be something else like the harness itself?

Chaoul1 12-16-2010 07:07 PM

Call them up and see if they have any kind of warranty. Maybe they can send you another one? If that took the code away then it's the TPS.

FlyinRyan 12-16-2010 07:46 PM

Probably the sensor again

pushharder 12-16-2010 08:54 PM

I had the same problem with my jeep. Replaced the tps and that was it!