Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   First Dumb Question... Eco Mode Button (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/first-dumb-question-eco-mode-button-58371.html)

TitanFlyer 04-14-2013 09:16 AM

First Dumb Question... Eco Mode Button
 
Hi all,

I have done some searching on here and other sites, and read the manual, but I am confused on either the way this button works or if mine is just not working.

According to manual, the simple hitting of that button turns it off, and it should show on the dash that its not in ECO mode, but mine makes no change at all. I hit it quick, soft, hard, hold it for a while.. none of this makes any difference. So, does that yellow light on all of yours stay on or go off, and where on the dash would I see ECO mode status?

Sorry, just that this is really bothering me, along with the fact that my iPhone5 doesn't support voice text... stupid apple.

TitanFlyer 04-14-2013 05:33 PM

Re: First Dumb Question... Eco Mode Button
 
LOL.. wow.. so 90+ views and not one of you have the answer to my question? I know how it goes. Its one of two things.. either ya'll don't actually know, or my question is seriously dumb...

Ok, well the yellow light on the button goes out when I put it in Sport Mode, but I can't manually turn it off. I assume its either broken or thats the way it works. I drove it on the highway today and didnt notice any MDS indicator.

Am i just an idiot or is this something I need to take it in for?

bill_de 04-14-2013 05:38 PM

Re: First Dumb Question... Eco Mode Button
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TitanFlyer (Post 803665)

Am i just an idiot or is this something I need to take it in for?

Are the two mutually exclusive? :)

I have never noticed anything on the dash, but when I press the button the light goes out.

doulos4JC 04-14-2013 05:46 PM

Re: First Dumb Question... Eco Mode Button
 
Should be able to turn off(light off) with button, it's the first thing I do after starting car. Sounds like yours is not working properly.

TitanFlyer 04-14-2013 05:47 PM

Re: First Dumb Question... Eco Mode Button
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_de (Post 803670)
Are the two mutually exclusive? :)

I have never noticed anything on the dash, but when I press the button the light goes out.

Ha.. well if you ask my wife, she would lean towards one of those two for sure.

Ok, so I have basically the same GC as you, MY14 5.7 Outlander. So, I guess I have my first quirk... damn.

TitanFlyer 04-14-2013 05:48 PM

Re: First Dumb Question... Eco Mode Button
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by doulos4JC (Post 803678)
Should be able to turn off(light off) with button, it's the first thing I do after starting car. Sounds like yours is not working properly.

Other than the light going out, is there any other indication you turned Eco off? Does it show up on the dash somewhere like when you switch it into Sand or Mud?

doulos4JC 04-14-2013 05:51 PM

Re: First Dumb Question... Eco Mode Button
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TitanFlyer (Post 803683)
Other than the light going out, is there any other indication you turned Eco off? Does it show up on the dash somewhere like when you switch it into Sand or Mud?

It will drive like a dog, you'll def notice when it's on. No other visual indication that I'm aware of.

TitanFlyer 04-14-2013 05:58 PM

Re: First Dumb Question... Eco Mode Button
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by doulos4JC (Post 803684)
It will drive like a dog, you'll def notice when it's on. No other visual indication that I'm aware of.

Well I certainly notice the difference between Drive and Sport, but I have no idea if the light or the switch is broken... so therefore I don't really know if I have turned it off. It is really hard for me to say even in Eco Mode that its driving like a dog, as its a big honking 8 cylinder and I went straight into it from my 13 Wrangler with the 3.6.

Well anyway, if this is my biggest issue to go wrong in the life of this jeep, I will consider myself lucky.

doulos4JC 04-14-2013 06:09 PM

Re: First Dumb Question... Eco Mode Button
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TitanFlyer (Post 803692)
...as its a big honking 8 cylinder...

Yea, can't speak for the V8. Sounds like an easy fix tho...good luck with it!

bill_de 04-14-2013 06:17 PM

Re: First Dumb Question... Eco Mode Button
 
Even with the Hemi, until the engine fully warms up eco mode sucks. I usually start out in the morning in sport mode/eco off. After my first stop, drive with eco on is fine.

The impression I get before the engine warms up is that the drive train is holding the engine back at too slow an rpm. This is while driving at 25mph, strictly enforced in the am. :(

TitanFlyer 04-14-2013 06:38 PM

Re: First Dumb Question... Eco Mode Button
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_de (Post 803705)
Even with the Hemi, until the engine fully warms up eco mode sucks. I usually start out in the morning in sport mode/eco off. After my first stop, drive with eco on is fine.

The impression I get before the engine warms up is that the drive train is holding the engine back at too slow an rpm. This is while driving at 25mph, strictly enforced in the am. :(

BMW does this in their M series of cars, not that I am comparing them, but you can't go over a certain rpm until the engine gets to a certain temp.

I honestly think that sport mode is the way I like the GC to drive, but I do want the eco button to work. My guess is that the switch is faulty as it does turn off when going into one of the different modes including sport mode, but thats the computer doing it.

PS - the more I drive the GC the more I love it, but also the more I wished I took the hit of disdain, no nooky, and 1 month in a spare room...and just bought the SRT.

loveracing1988 04-14-2013 06:52 PM

Re: First Dumb Question... Eco Mode Button
 
There is no indicator in the dash as to whether or not eco mode is on. The yellow light will turn off when eco mode is off, and be on when eco mode is on.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community