Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/)
-   -   2014 Calipers Painted (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/2014-calipers-painted-58397.html)

Andoskyy 04-14-2013 06:52 PM

2014 Calipers Painted

3 Attachment(s)
Finally got a chance to get the calipers painted...

Always love the cleaned up look it gives.

I used the brush on caliper paint made by G2. This is the 3rd vehicle i've used this brand on and have always had excellent results.

I bought better brushes at an arts & crafts store, as the one with the kit is terrible.

My process has always been removing 1 wheel at a time starting with about half of the can of paint. It's a 2 part paint, but you have quite a while to work with it. After I get 2 coats on one caliper, I put the wheel back on and do the next.

I'll try to get better pics, but it was hard to capture them.

Scottina06 04-14-2013 06:57 PM

Re: 2014 Calipers Painted

clean.....now lower that baby!

Andoskyy 04-14-2013 07:06 PM

haha..You sound like everyone on my previous ClubLexus forum. No matter what picture people posted, every reply was "Now lower it!" or "Slam it".

I'll post one set of pictures in park mode and one in ORII to make everyone happy next time. :D

akimball 04-14-2013 07:17 PM

im about to paint the calipers on my 07... did you take them off or did you just take the wheel off and paint them as is? did you tape up the rotors?

Andoskyy 04-14-2013 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akimball (Post 803766)
im about to paint the calipers on my 07... did you take them off or did you just take the wheel off and paint them as is? did you tape up the rotors?

No, I did not remove. Just cleaned with brake cleaner and put 2 tiny pieces of tape on the rotors...was the only place where the brush would have hit the rotor. Even if you do accidentally get some on there...it'll wear right off on your first trip.

peejym 04-26-2013 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andoskyy (Post 803735)
Finally got a chance to get the calipers painted...

Always love the cleaned up look it gives.

I used the brush on caliper paint made by G2. This is the 3rd vehicle i've used this brand on and have always had excellent results.

I bought better brushes at an arts & crafts store, as the one with the kit is terrible.

My process has always been removing 1 wheel at a time starting with about half of the can of paint. It's a 2 part paint, but you have quite a while to work with it. After I get 2 coats on one caliper, I put the wheel back on and do the next.

I'll try to get better pics, but it was hard to capture them.

Nice! :thumbsup: I am glad i found this post cause I was looking for a way to paint the calipers, now to decide on black or red for a Black 2014 Limited, I have the same wheel you have. Any Opinions?

Andoskyy 04-26-2013 03:04 PM

I'd personally go black or silver...to make it pop a bit, you could add white decals to the black calipers or black decals to the silver calipers.

To me, if you go red, you're trying too hard to make it look like an SRT...which our jeeps are FAR from :)

peejym 04-26-2013 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andoskyy (Post 812233)
I'd personally go black or silver...to make it pop a bit, you could add white decals to the black calipers or black decals to the silver calipers.

To me, if you go red, you're trying too hard to make it look like an SRT...which our jeeps are FAR from :)

I get what you mean, I just tought red looks good with black. Maybe I will go blue :lol: Thanks for your input and starting this thread.

AbleRiot 04-26-2013 04:07 PM

Looks clean! Good job. I vote for YELLOW or BLUE with black. Yeah, RED would make it a wanna be SRT

etennyson 04-26-2013 04:26 PM

Can't go wrong with red on black IMO. Of course my badge on the back is red. Mine is far from an srt but damn the color combo looks good

hummer recovery team 04-26-2013 04:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Try yellow I love it