Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f182/)
-   -   SRT Rear Fog Lights Hooked up and working as Parking, Brake & Turn Signals (Video) (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f182/srt-rear-fog-lights-hooked-up-and-working-as-parking-brake-and-turn-signals-video-5845.html)

Robert Palmer 01-23-2010 10:21 PM

SRT Rear Fog Lights Hooked up and working as Parking, Brake & Turn Signals (Video)

I wanted to get the rear brake lights hooked up, so I asked Mario (QBNKID) if he could help me out. He said hey no problem, so I showed up, he had a vehicle already there for a detail, so I waited and when he was done, we went to Autozone and got the parts neccesary for the install (Silicone, Wire Sleeves, Wire, Sockets, and Bulbs). Mario can explain it in further detail later when he sees this thread.

Mario did a great job hooking up the wires to get this to work. He took his time and made everything perfect. While this is the longer way to do it, Jason's product makes this easy. I couldn't get the harness right now but I needed the lights hooked up now.

If you need your lights hooked up and you are in the area of NY/NJ, PM Mario (QBNKID).

Mario thanks again for the hook up of the lights! You did one hell of a job! :thumbsup:

Videos (Mario is driving, I am videotaping):

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/k...h_DSCN0221.jpg
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/k...h_DSCN0219.jpg

Chaoul1 01-23-2010 10:26 PM

Re: Rear Brake Lights.....Hooked Up!

That makes it look better! Nice job guys! That's nice how you hooked up the signals to it.

Frankie 01-23-2010 10:41 PM

Nicely done guys!

Joe - Good thing yours arent tinted...Mine are already starting to warp and thats with me NOT using them as running lights!

Megatron 01-23-2010 11:07 PM

:pimp:

Robert Palmer 01-23-2010 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaoul1 (Post 137412)
That makes it look better! Nice job guys! That's nice how you hooked up the signals to it.

Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxSTUGOTSxox (Post 137417)
Nicely done guys!

Joe - Good thing yours arent tinted...Mine are already starting to warp and thats with me NOT using them as running lights!

Thanks Frankie!

Damn dude that sucks about your lights.

Quote:

Originally Posted by EZY (Post 137421)
:pimp:

Thanks!

QBNKID 01-24-2010 02:32 AM

Your welcome bro!
Nice videos :D
Glad you are happy with the outcome.
That's the same way I have mine hooked up.
I was going to get a harness from Jason also, he was hooking me up with one but during those days many things happened and I didn't even have time to ship him what he needed from me (rear tail harness), so I basically re-did a little better of what I already had done, I made the harness look neater, covered everything to look as OEM as possible using wire loom and new set of sockets. And I did Joe's the very same way I did mine.

The difference between Jason's harness and mine is that Jason's is pretty much a plug and play type of set up, that works with the stock single filament bulb/socket that the SRT comes with but it gives you the 3 functions a dual filament bulb/socket gives you (Parking, Brake & Turn Signal lights).
My harness... I basically tap into the stock tail light harness, run the wires to the new dual filament bulb/socket and I have to silicone in the new socket since there's no socket like that that mounts the same as the stock one. But when everything is done it works just like it's supposed to, and at the same time looks very neatly done once you look at the harness itself.

So if you want a plug and play setup to look as OEM as possible Jason's is the one you want, heck that's the set up I wanted too, but since I like to get my hands dirty I opted for this :).

Jason, sorry I never contacted you back to let you know I couldn't ship my stuff and thanks for offering me your help.

Joe, your jeep is looking better and better every day that passes by. :thumbsup:

Frankie 01-24-2010 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elvis Presley (Post 137424)
Damn dude that sucks about your lights.

Yeah, I just need to figure out what resistor to use so I can switch over to LEDs in there!

SRTILL8 01-24-2010 11:56 AM

Re: SRT Rear Fog Lights Hooked up and working as Parking, Brake & Turn Signals (Video

looks nice bro. i sure as hell wouldnt miss your braking on the highway.

you have tinted tails right?

ducks unlimited 01-24-2010 01:40 PM

Re: SRT Rear Fog Lights Hooked up and working as Parking, Brake & Turn Signals (Video

looks great joe

Robert Palmer 01-24-2010 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtillaSRT8 (Post 137552)
looks nice bro. i sure as hell wouldnt miss your braking on the highway.

you have tinted tails right?

Thanks!

Nope no tinted tails...........yet. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by ducks unlimited (Post 137598)
looks great joe

Thanks

00wj 01-24-2010 03:30 PM

cool!
great job guys

White WK Swagga 01-24-2010 05:42 PM

Look' n good Joe! The mods have begun!!!