Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (
-   -   07 WK 4x4 CRD transmission jerk (

tcbrady 04-15-2013 03:30 PM

07 WK 4x4 CRD transmission jerk
I just bought my 07 CRD within the last month. It has had this issue since i bought it. When the engine is cold the transmission has what feels like a very HARD shift at low speed. I thought it was happeneing when the transmission shifts from 1-2nd gear. The more familiar i get with this issue the more concerned i am. This morning i manually put the transmission in 1st and observed the same "hard shift" between 1500-2000 rpm (suggesting its not the shift.) Under harder acceleration it is not noticeable and after it warms up it goes away. I should be getting a dipstick within the next week so i can start troubleshooting. Is anyone familiar with this issue?

Keirik 04-16-2013 10:08 AM

Re: 07 WK 4x4 CRD transmission jerk
You might want to try posting this in the WK subforum. This one is for 2011+ vehicles

robpp 04-16-2013 02:04 PM

hopefully they will move it for you.....

but sounds like a fluid filter issue. no power recommend drain and fill.

might need more than one to get the old crap out of the torque converter as it doesnt drain.

pletchj 06-24-2013 05:34 AM

Did you find out what the issue was with the clunk?? Mine (2009 WK CRD) did it three times yesterday when I first started out on a two hour drive. It did it when shifting from 1st to 2nd during light acceleration. Then it seemed fine for the remainder of the 2 hour drive until I was home. At the corner to my house and then climbing the driveway, it did not want to go from a standing stop. It did go forward, but seemed to be slipping. The engine responded fine, but the vehicle did not accelerate normally. I have been noticing for a while a harder than normal shift from 2nd to 1st when coming to a stop for a number of months now.:eek: