Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   Pandora (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/pandora-58501.html)

stephenh 04-16-2013 11:05 AM

Pandora
 
Does anyone know when the Pandora app will be available on the uconnect radios?

Mashie 04-17-2013 10:57 AM

Re: Pandora
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by stephenh (Post 804942)
Does anyone know when the Pandora app will be available on the uconnect radios?

why not just stream is directly from your phone through BT Uconnect?

stephenh 04-17-2013 11:50 AM

Re: Pandora
 
I have already done that. It would be better on my phones battery and data plan to be able to do it with the uconnect system

bill_de 04-17-2013 11:56 AM

Re: Pandora
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by stephenh (Post 805734)
I have already done that. It would be better on my phones battery and data plan to be able to do it with the uconnect system

Have you read the manual?

" Uconnect®AccessviaMobileoffers additional Apps suchasAha,iHeartRadio,Pandora,Slackerandmoreto come.Itusesthedataconnection*throughyourcompatible smartphone,nottheonboardvehicleconnectivity"

My tablet doesn't copy and paste pdf's well, but you get the drift. You will still be using your phone's data plan.



---

wuaname 09-17-2013 02:41 PM

Would you be able to control pandora through the radio / media center / uconnect? Or would you be controlling it on your phone itself? That would be no different running pandora via cell and bluetooth on any other car. I thought i had read that pandora was an actual app available ok the radio

Baalic 09-18-2013 01:16 AM

Re: Pandora
 
I think its an app on the radio, however, you have to sync your phone to the radio so the app can use your phones data signal, to use the wifi on the uconnect that costs extra.... lol

Scottina06 09-18-2013 11:04 AM

Re: Pandora
 
from what I know the apps will be available as an over the air update soon

Sjrosenberg 09-19-2013 02:13 PM

Re: Pandora
 
Will this only be for the 2014's and up? Will there be any way to get this on my 2013?

seeingwhite 09-20-2013 04:45 PM

Re: Pandora
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baalic (Post 895432)
I think its an app on the radio, however, you have to sync your phone to the radio so the app can use your phones data signal, to use the wifi on the uconnect that costs extra.... lol

Yup, this is correct. The Uconnect Pandora app will give you the ease of use/safety of controlling Pandora through the built-in 8.4 system, but will use your paired smartphone as the data source. Hope that helps.

loveracing1988 09-21-2013 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sjrosenberg (Post 896335)
Will this only be for the 2014's and up? Will there be any way to get this on my 2013?

No, it has to be the UConnect 8.4, the UConnect 5 and previous years radios don't have it.

Keukasmallie 10-01-2013 07:05 AM

Re: Pandora
 
And, since UConnect hasn't delivered on any of the promised apps, you're screwed any way.

StaticFX 10-01-2013 10:27 AM

Re: Pandora
 
if you have an iPhone, plug in through the USB. then on the phone start pandora.. now the radio will show the album art and allow you to hit next to skip a song.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:28 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community