Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Summit vs Overland Questions (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/summit-vs-overland-questions-58505.html)

TurboWarp 04-16-2013 11:48 AM

Summit vs Overland Questions

I have been bouncing around trying to decide on the 2014 Summit vs the 2014 Overland. To me, for the most part, the Summit looks nicer and has lots of cool gizmos but it does not come equipped for off road. My questions are:

1. Is there anything other than the front grill that you can order on the 2014 Summit but not on the 2014 Overland?

2. Can the dealer put the Summit front "bright" front grill on the Overland?

bill_de 04-16-2013 11:53 AM

Re: Summit vs Overland Questions

19 speaker HK radio comes to mind.

Andoskyy 04-16-2013 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurboWarp (Post 804976)
I have been bouncing around trying to decide on the 2014 Summit vs the 2014 Overland. To me, for the most part, the Summit looks nicer and has lots of cool gizmos but it does not come equipped for off road. My questions are:

1. Is there anything other than the front grill that you can order on the 2014 Summit but not on the 2014 Overland?

1:
suede-like headliner
adaptive headlights
19 speaker stereo
rectangular exhaust tips
front parking sensors
the option for brown interior

JeepGCOverland 04-16-2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

1. Brown Interior (with Natura Plus leather for both the Brown and Black interior colors), adaptive headlights, premium headliner, front park assist, and the Harmon Kardon 19 speaker sound system. I may have missed a few things but I think I covered the major ones.

2. Yes, the dealer can substitute the black mesh grille for the chrome mesh grille seen on the Summit.

Andoskyy 04-16-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OverlandSummit (Post 804988)
1. Brown Interior (with Natura Plus leather for both the Brown and Black interior colors), adaptive headlights, power folding mirrors, and the Harmon Kardon 19 speaker sound system. I may have missed a few things but I think I covered the major ones

2. Yes, the dealer can substitute the black mesh grille for the chrome mesh grille seen on the Summit.

Power folding mirrors are standard on the Overland

MD Boy 04-16-2013 12:45 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

I've been going back and forth between the two. For now, I've settled on the Summit because for not much more money, you get a slew of (some, not needed) amenities, esp the H/K sound system.

Then, I look at the exterior pictures between the two and prefer the Overland because it, 'looks' more like a Jeep. Where as the Summit with all the extra cladding looks too bloated, almost mini-van like.

Attached is a photo shopped pic of the OL with the Summit grill on the left and the std grill on the right. My perfect Jeep would be the Overland with this grill and the H/K system.

TurboWarp 04-17-2013 03:27 PM

Thx for the PIX. My perfect would be either yours or a Summit with OREII package factory installed. I was looking at jeeps today and I must say the 2013 Summit is nice! Wish it had the new radio.

TitanFlyer 04-17-2013 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andoskyy (Post 804987)
1:
suede-like headliner
adaptive headlights
19 speaker stereo
rectangular exhaust tips
front parking sensors
the option for brown interior

I was under the impression my Overland had adaptive headlights... they certainly move around when I turn them on in the garage, but haven't been out at night with them.

Does anyone know?

Copefree 04-17-2013 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TitanFlyer (Post 806019)
I was under the impression my Overland had adaptive headlights... they certainly move around when I turn them on in the garage, but haven't been out at night with them.

Does anyone know?

That's the auto-leveling feature you're seeing (up and down only). The true adaptive headlamps will swivel left and right while cornering (Summit exclusive).

It's funny, too, that they made it Summit exclusive - my $27k '11 GTI had this feature and it was awesome. Why didn't Jeep include it on the Overland? It's not like it costs a whole lot more or anything. Who knows :confused:

GCOverland 04-17-2013 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Copefree (Post 806022)
Why didn't Jeep include it on the Overland? It's not like it costs a whole lot more or anything. Who knows :confused:

Simple - it's marketing. There is not much that sets the Overland and Summit apart. Jeep could have included the HK sound, suede headliner and every other feature exclusive for the Summit on the Overland, too. But what would be the purpose of the Summit then?;)

TurboWarp 04-17-2013 06:20 PM

Looks like I may be back at the Summit which is OK. I have been told that I can order through the dealer all of the ORAII components for the Summit but I can't get anyone from Jeep to confirm this. Anyone know an authoritative Jeep source for this? Someone at Chrysler? I have get past their "marketing" and get all of their Jeep parts and features on to the Summit. :)

Jim_in_PA 04-17-2013 07:34 PM

You could put on the skid plates and change the wheels/tires. Doing the front tow hooks will likely be more challenging if there is a need to cut out material to get to the mounting points. Milous posted a copy of the Mopar JGC parts catalog in another thread earlier.

http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/2014-g...ighlight=MOPAR