Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Strange Noise While Turning Right (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/strange-noise-while-turning-right-58546.html)

computerwiz621 04-16-2013 09:24 PM

Strange Noise While Turning Right

Hi all,

Was wondering if anyone has had this problem or might have an idea what it can be. Basically I am getting a strange noise, seems to be coming from the front driver side while turning right. Although I don't seem to get the noise at low speed parking lot maneuvers, only above 10MPH like exiting a freeway.

Went to the dealer and they looked at the wheel well on the drivers side and found nothing. They also said they could not replicate the problem.

After leaving the dealer, I took a video when I heard it happening. 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Noise - YouTube

You might need to turn the speakers up a little bit to hear it.

Thanks for any help!

apro284 04-18-2013 12:05 AM

Re: Strange Noise While Turning Right

Kind of sounds like something is rubbing against the tire.

kennzz05 04-18-2013 03:29 AM

definitly something rubbing

LeCheese 04-18-2013 04:37 AM

I too would say rubbing. Take the tyre off and have a look to see if there are any signs

computerwiz621 04-22-2013 07:41 AM

Hi guys, I did take the tire off myself and found nothing rubbing. I also took it to a dealer and they said they found nothing rubbing either. Although I'm starting to think it only happens when applying the throttle. I wonder if it has something to do with the 4x4. It's so hard to pinpoint because it only happens a few times, not very often.

Jeep11 09-24-2013 11:24 PM

I have the same problem on my 2011 Jeep GC Laredo (V8). I watched your video but mine doesn't happen going that fast. It only happens when I am making a right turn from a complete stop or going less than 5 mph. Doesn't do it at any speed when making a left. Let me know if you figure out what it is.

btperkins1 12-14-2013 12:02 AM

My 14 jgc doing something kinda the same did you ever find the problem?

BullCityJeep 12-20-2013 04:38 PM

Hey Guys,

Not to pile on here, but just picked up my 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD last week, and I noticed that it's doing the same thing when I turn right. Sounds like something is rubbing...

Dave in Pa 12-20-2013 06:13 PM

Hi all! Yup my 2014 Limited with 10,000 + miles was doing it but only turning right as in exiting a freeway and accelerating; very similar to the video. Last service few weeks ago I told them, they thought it was the all-wheel drive system and after my flash that they did said to see if it still happens. I keep forgetting to try it, you have to really make an effort in my Jeep and I keep forgetting. I will try over the weekend and report back. Dave Ps: I have not heard anything but like stated, haven't done the hard try on an off ramp where it was happening before.

Dave in Pa 12-24-2013 04:28 PM

:mad: Well today without me even trying it did it. Making a right turn on a back road at maybe 10 or 12 mph then accelerated and the "moan" sound came for about 5 seconds!? Definitely from the left front area of the car, but what I dunno? Very weird. I will ask again this Friday when they fix my hatch handle. Also gonna ask for Rev.C on the tranny, hope they can do it cause the flash I had done 3 weeks ago seems to be "fading" away, tranny kinda acting like it "forgot"? Upshifting too quicly again in ECO mode. ARRrrrrrrrrgh! :slapfight: Dave

padgett 12-24-2013 07:10 PM

Sounds like something rubbing to me but should be able to see something either black or clean. Check around the axle shaft boots also. If higher pitched I'd have a look at the wheel bearings

Grand_Jeep 12-24-2013 07:36 PM

Hi guys, I think I might have a solution. My 2014 GC was doing the same. First thing though, have you guys recently find through big puddles of water? Or has a lot of water been push up underneath your GC?

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk