Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   JL Audio Stealthbox install (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/jl-audio-stealthbox-install-58550.html)

solodogg 04-16-2013 10:42 PM

JL Audio Stealthbox install

5 Attachment(s)
Just wanted to take a minute and post some pics from my Stealthbox install today. Took about an hour start to finish to get the enclosure in the Jeep, and about 2 hours to get the amp installed under the drivers seat and wires ran. Also found a decent place to hide the sub level control while doing all of this.

I would highly reccomend this setup to anyone that hasn't heard one. It sounds great with everything from country to bass heavy rap music. Everything aside from the XD300/1 and stealthbox is stock.

Now for the pics! :)

leks66 04-16-2013 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solodogg (Post 805400)
Just wanted to take a minute and post some pics from my Stealthbox install today. Took about an hour start to finish to get the enclosure in the Jeep, and about 2 hours to get the amp installed under the drivers seat and wires ran. Also found a decent place to hide the sub level control while doing all of this.

I would highly reccomend this setup to anyone that hasn't heard one. It sounds great with everything from country to bass heavy rap music. Everything aside from the XD300/1 and stealthbox is stock.

Now for the pics! :)

Very nice man! You think it's worth the $700 price tag? I like that its not in the way but worried that it'll leave me wanting more...

solodogg 04-16-2013 11:43 PM

Re: JL Audio Stealthbox install

well worth the price tag. I had a 10wx in there before this, and it left me wanting more. This thing filled that void very well, even my wife (who didn't want a sub installed) told me how much better it sounded. I was impressed.

eibyer 04-17-2013 10:40 AM

So jealous! I just cant justify the price tag but I want one. It blends in really nice!

RageOfFury 04-17-2013 04:42 PM

Very nice!!! But as with others, I can't justify the ridiculously high price JL is asking for this thing.

subbie09 04-17-2013 06:14 PM

Very nice as I will be getting this in a few months.

solodogg 04-17-2013 11:01 PM

Finally got the chance to throw in a bit of rap, and crank it up tonight. HIGHLY IMPRESSED! Found a few rattles along the way too! :) This thing will definitely handle anything you throw at it.

JDLDEEREBOY 04-20-2013 08:29 PM

Just ordered mine Friday with a JX500/1D

subbie09 04-20-2013 09:09 PM

Dam you ppl. Lol. I'm going to hafta start dropping the hints to fiancÚ for my wedding present for our wedding in June. Lol

subbie09 04-20-2013 09:36 PM

Question, where did you relocate the rear parking sensor to

eibyer 04-22-2013 10:46 AM

I emailed a local audio installer that does fabrication stuff. I was quoted 450-500 for something like this including sub (i showed him the link). I think I will just save the pennies and get the real thing when I can.

wuaname 09-05-2013 01:28 PM

What amp are some of you using to push the jbl box?

Between box, amp, and install it looks like it would easily go over $1k.

How do the stock speakers sound together with an aftermarket aun loke the JL? I would think it might need upgrading in ther other speakers as well.