Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Members Rides-Showoff (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f110/)
-   -   And here's my new WK2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f110/and-heres-my-new-wk2-58566.html)

Chunderboy 04-17-2013 08:37 AM

And here's my new WK2

1 Attachment(s)
Sure, she's bare bones now, but first things first. Thinking about bumper guards both front and rear and nerf bars for the short people (and looks of course). Then off to match tint and get some aftermarket driving lights for the front bar.

Any and all ideas are appreciated and can't wait to personalize her.

Oh, and she is a 2013 with 40 miles on the odometer. Purchased it bc of the unreal deal the dealership got for us. Bascially, i called another 10-15 dealers in the tri-state are and each one said, "if the price is real, you'd be an idiot not to take it". Boom. Done.

C

bill_de 04-17-2013 09:55 AM

Re: And here's my new WK2

Can't give you any ideas on upgrades. The only thing I've changed on a car in the last 20 years is the oil. :)

That said, I'll still be looking forward to pictures as things progress.

Congratulations!

Chunderboy 04-17-2013 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_de (Post 805675)
Can't give you any ideas on upgrades. The only thing I've changed on a car in the last 20 years is the oil. :)

That said, I'll still be looking forward to pictures as things progress.

Congratulations!

LOL.. Thanks. Mind you, if I had your rig, I wouldn't change anything either, but since i have a base model (and I live in NY where parking could get ugly) I would just assume throw some bumper protection on her.

As for pics, no doubt I will be posting them.

Keirik 04-17-2013 10:15 AM

Congrats, and that sure looks like a pic from NYC!

Chunderboy 04-17-2013 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keirik (Post 805686)
Congrats, and that sure looks like a pic from NYC!

Indeed, indeed it is.. Even though i have a garage spot, still need to protect the bumpers from the a$$hole parking attendants and reckless morons in my lovely city.

scooterha 04-17-2013 07:02 PM

LOL Nice true blue too!

dslide 04-17-2013 11:21 PM

Looking good- conrats on the new ride! After the tint, the first thing I would do is color match the chrome strip on the rear of your liftgate. Many on here have done it, and I think it's a must for the darker color WK2's. Enjoy!

Chunderboy 04-18-2013 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dslide (Post 806287)
Looking good- conrats on the new ride! After the tint, the first thing I would do is color match the chrome strip on the rear of your liftgate. Many on here have done it, and I think it's a must for the darker color WK2's. Enjoy!

Thanks everyone..

And yea, tint is def going up. This weekend I think I will get my hands on some front and rear guards so that will hopefully be accomplished. Then I will try to get the windows done on Sunday if not next weekend. Then off to choose which side steps/nerf bars I want on her. Man, i forgot home much fun it was to oufit a new rig with toys...

Sigh.. good times.

Keirik 04-18-2013 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chunderboy (Post 805688)
Indeed, indeed it is.. Even though i have a garage spot, still need to protect the bumpers from the a$$hole parking attendants and reckless morons in my lovely city.

lol, i feel your pain. Quite a few times on my old car i would go out the next day to see yellow paint from a taxi on my ride. Lovely lol

Chunderboy 04-18-2013 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keirik (Post 806477)
lol, i feel your pain. Quite a few times on my old car i would go out the next day to see yellow paint from a taxi on my ride. Lovely lol

Since I have the garage spot, I take a video (all of about 5-10 seconds) of the rig before they take it. Just walk slowly around her documenting the condition she is in before they take it. So, just in case there is an issue when i pick it up, i have the footage to show that i left it in one condition and now it is in a different one. Booom, irrefutable evidence ya honor!

Sure its a little obsessive, but why have a camera on your phone if you're not going to use it? CAN I GET AN AMEN!

Keirik 04-18-2013 10:42 AM

lol, it is a bit obsessive but hey, it's a beautiful ride so never can be too careful!

Chunderboy 04-18-2013 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keirik (Post 806491)
lol, it is a bit obsessive but hey, it's a beautiful ride so never can be too careful!

Thanks mate. And TBH, the reason i do it was I found out that that is one of the only ways to make a garage responsible if there is any damage during the vehicles stay there. One of the only ways.